Dean on Letterman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean on Letterman...

...at least he's got a sense of humor to go with all that "anger"...

Dean Delivers Top 10 List on Letterman

Thu Jan 22, 7:45 PM ET

By The Associated Press

Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean turned to late-night comedy Thursday to poke fun at his arm-waving outburst in Iowa that has proven politically damaging. Dean taped an appearance on "Late Night with David Letterman" in which he presented the Top 10 list. The last Democrat to deliver the list was Rep. Dick Gephardt of Missouri on Jan. 12. After a poor showing in Iowa Monday, Gephardt abandoned his presidential bid.

The subject of Dean's list was "Ways, I, Howard Dean, can turn things around."

___

10. Switch to decaf.

9. Unveil new slogan, "Vote for Dean and get one dollar off your next purchase at Blimpie."

8. Marry Rachel on the final episode of "Friends."

7. Don't change a thing, it's going great.

6. Show a little more skin.

5. Go on "American Idol" and give them a taste of those pipes.

4. Start working out and speaking with an Austrian accent.

3. I can't give specifics yet, but it involves Ted Danson.

2. Fire the staffer who suggested I do this lousy Top 10 List instead of actually campaigning.

1. Oh, I don't know — maybe fewer, crazy, red-faced rants.

And, as a special present to Cheetah, as I know how much he loves Dr. Dean... http://www.geocities.com/iamjamiam/howarddean.mp3
    Remember to right-click the link, and choose "Save target as..."
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Man, everyone's talking about Dean's meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
        Man, everyone's talking about Dean's meltdown.
        Well as a european im kind of out of the loop, what exactly happened?

I heard it described, as he lost his temper and looked really pathetic, more details pls.
        I see why kyoto was unacceptable
        http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_pol_car_dio_199
        http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_co2_emi

Comment

Originally posted by Djarnis

I heard it described, as he lost his temper and looked really pathetic, more details pls.
          It was that concession speech that he made last Tuesday after the Iowa caucasses. It seems that a lot of people found the speech to be wierd and bizaare.

Comment

well, i dont even understand what a caucas is...

But did anyone notice cheetah has virtually dissapeared sice the OSS was started!
            French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

There's an even better file, on www.farmgolf.com that has Dean's troop rally rant mixed into Ozzy Osbourne's song Crazy Train.

Brilliant!
              I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by Djarnis

Go here for the video of Dr. Dean rallying the troops, after a somewhat disappointing third place finish in the Iowa Democratic Party Caucus.

IMO, it's not nearly as bad as the right-wingers make it out to be, but they think it it better to tear him down than to remind everyone of how petulant Bush was in his televised appearances of 2000. Remember McCain and Bush debating, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by screamer
                  well, i dont even understand what a caucas is...

But did anyone notice cheetah has virtually dissapeared sice the OSS was started!
                  Me disappearing? Dream on.

Besides, I have always known Howard Dean is really a crazy liberal not to be taken seriously.

Dan
                  Last edited by Cheetah772; 23 Jan 04, 14:17.
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                    Besides, I have always known Howard Dean is really a crazy liberal not to be taken seriously.
                    LoL Dan, is there any liberal that you do not think is crazy and that you think should be taken seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                      LoL Dan, is there any liberal that you do not think is crazy and that you think should be taken seriously?
                      YES ME

DerWanderRedWithKnifeBetweenTeeth
                      The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                      JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                      The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

JL, even I think you're crazy...

Comment

Sure.

Once in my youth, I was foolish enough to actually express my support for Clinton in 1996 during my high school years.

Yes, that is the absolute truth from a hardcore conservative.

This might sound strange, but I have never believed American politics at national level would really permit an extremist from either left or right to take the power. Compared to the Europe, American is relatively conservative in a sense. America always has been alternating between the Right and Left presidents.

Not even Regean, the conservatives' favorite president, was really hardcore conservative. He made many conservatives, especially those who profess the faith in Christianity, disappointed due to Reagen's willingness to compromise on some key issues such as abortion.

George W. Bush, in my book, is not on the extreme Right nor he can be even labeled as a proponent of Religious Right. Although he professed the Christian faith, he failed to push through or support some key issues for a lot of conservatives. In short, he may have gotten the religion, but he is sure a liberal, if only moderate, in some areas.

That is why I believe Kunich, Sharpton, and Dean will ultimately lose out. I don't know if Dean will ever get the nomination, but even if he did, he would not have a chance against Bush due to Bush not spending one cent of his campaign war chest (about 115 million dollars in all).

But if Bush had to lose, I would rather to have Edwards or Kerry. Both are so-so, but I wouldn't root that much for either of them.

Sometimes, I think they put too much rehortic in their speeches precisely because they need to please their own parties if they want to win the presidential nomination. Afterwards, I would bet you my life both of them will eventually tone down their leftist beliefs if they want to reach out and get the votes across the political spectrum.

That's all I have to say seriously, Jamiam.

Dan
                          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

JL, even I think you're crazy...
                            Take care when bloody European liberals will invade USA Hé Hé Hé

We will hang up Priest Conservatives Bosses Share Holdres with their Guts

and impose the only democratic regime

Communism

humm who knock the door yes who ?? NSA CIA Delta forces , no no, not the fresh concrete pleas..... glub glub glub

Der WanderDisapeared
                            The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                            JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                            The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Go here for the video of Dr. Dean rallying the troops, after a somewhat disappointing third place finish in the Iowa Democratic Party Caucus.

IMO, it's not nearly as bad as the right-wingers make it out to be, but they think it it better to tear him down than to remind everyone of how petulant Bush was in his televised appearances of 2000. Remember McCain and Bush debating, anyone?
                              Well he seemed a little out of control, but hardly alarming.

What im most amazed by, is how they get that many people to cheer that much.
                              I mean all the candidates seem to have them, do they hope for a job in the white house if their candidate win?
                              I see why kyoto was unacceptable
                              http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_pol_car_dio_199
                              http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/env_co2_emi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X