American Bases in Poland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Bases in Poland

There are ongoing negotiations, I don't know how advanced.

The weirdest thing I have read is that they're unsure which side is supposed to finance the bases! How can anybody consider the idea of the filthy poor Poland financing American bases on its territory is beyond my powers of logical thinking, but maybe I have missed something.

I have mixed feelings about US bases in Poland. When I was growing up in Poland evicting Soviet troops was a big topic of discussions. Their presence wasn't annoying to most of the population and we never had an uprising over their presence, but I don't know what to think about planting an American flag over the same bases.

On the other hand, I really want to give the Russians the finger because as far as Poland's politics are concerned, they had double crossed Poland too many times and they are not reliable partners in the matters of national security (Poles can still trade with them).

Russia, whether it Tzarist Russia or Communist Russia or Putin's Russia (President Putin is becoming a sort of a new Tzar, complete with powers to alter their constitution so he can preside longer) is still the same Russia.

Russia always has and always will create the impression that Poland and other smaller Central European countries retain their sovereignty only by generous permission of the Kremlin.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

The Poles will probibly welcome the Americans with open arms, cause as we all know where Americans go big bucks are sure to follow.

Comment

Donno, in Hungary some people cheered the Americans (they worked for them for big-big money , but the most just don't like their agressivness in the roads...
      a brain cell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X