Problems with avatars: post here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with avatars: post here

Some of you are experiencing some issues with avatars since we upgraded to RC2. The problem seems hard to pin down.

If you are having problems like this, please post exactly what is going on in this thread so that we can track it down. Please be specific.
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

I use user uploaded image. When I see the new posts I see every avatar including mine. (this is a try what's happen when I use quick reply

Edit:
    After the quick reply: Don's and my avatar disappeared

Edit2:
    Refreshing in other window where I just read the thread the avatars disappeared, too

Edit3:
    Using again the new post query, and selecting thread shows the avatars, refreshing them without reply, kill the avatars. So any refreshing kills the avatars.

Edit4:
    using right button/new window recovers the avatars when I use in post number link
    Last edited by laszlo.nemedi; 10 Jan 04, 12:08.
    a brain cell

Comment

Everything seems to work properly until I add a post. Then, the forum redirects me to the thread and I can't see some of the avatars. I have tried refreshing the page, but no success. If I go to another thread I see avatars normally and everything is right again if I go back to the thread I posted the message.

Avatars with problems seems to be the ones that have been uploaded by the owner, I think.

After this post I can't see none of the three avatars: Don's, Lazslo's and mine.
      Cual lidian bien, sobre dorado arzón
      Mio Cid Ruy Diaz, el buen lidiador;
      Minaya Alvar Fáñez, que en Zorita mandó;
      Martín Antolínez, el burgalés de pro...!

Comment

Don't know if this bit of info helps, but after posting, if you click on one of the image holders, you are then directed to the user's profile page. When you click the back button of your browser, all of the images that were missing are now refreshed.

A simple refreshing doesn't work, either. Going out of the thread then reentering it does. I guess it is just not refreshing that portion of the thread when the post is submitted.
        Last edited by JAMiAM; 10 Jan 04, 14:06.
        I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be that problem when submitting an edit. At least not within the time frame that such edits are not logged on the post.

Test...

Hmmn...weird. It will refresh the images if you haven't left the thread and submit an edit. If you leave the thread, reenter, then submit an edit, it is like a new post and the images do not refresh.

Or not...buffalo chips!
          Last edited by JAMiAM; 10 Jan 04, 14:09.
          I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

The problem does seem to be just with the replies........
            "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

I've been through a number of vbulletin upgrades, and can always re-upload mine if required.

EDIT: This is where it thinks my current one is, and it's not there.

http://www.warfarehq.com/forums/imag...ine=1063928573
              "I'm all ears." - Dolph Lundgren

Comment

Refreshing this page always destroy the avatars...
                a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
                  Refreshing this page always destroy the avatars...
                  Refreshing any page seems to destroy almost all the avatars. I have tried in other threads and some avatars are not destroyed. For instance, Chris Milne's, Tankleader's or Mark Warren's.

Now we have to learn what have these avatars in common. I thought that maybe avatars uploaded by their owners were more vulnerable, but some avatars selected from the "bank" of WHQ are also affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Minaya
                    Refreshing any page seems to destroy almost all the avatars. I have tried in other threads and some avatars are not destroyed. For instance, Chris Milne's, Tankleader's or Mark Warren's.

Now we have to learn what have these avatars in common. I thought that maybe avatars uploaded by their owners were more vulnerable, but some avatars selected from the "bank" of WHQ are also affected.
                    I need someone who is using Netscape to hit refresh and see if the user-uploaded avatars vanish. I'm working with VBulletin tech support and we're trying to figure out if this is a browser-related issue, or if it is a setting in the server.

I need some feedback ASAP!
                    Editor-in-Chief
                    GameSquad.com

Comment

Originally posted by Don Maddox
                      I need someone who is using Netscape to hit refresh and see if the user-uploaded avatars vanish. I'm working with VBulletin tech support and we're trying to figure out if this is a browser-related issue, or if it is a setting in the server.

I usually works with Ms Internet Explorer but also have Mozilla. First time I refresh this thread, avatars appears for a second... and then are destroyed. Refreshing for a second time sets the problem: avatars remain on place.

Comment

I also have tried with Mozilla in other thread. Still some avatars are affected and some not. The same avatars that were unaffected with Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps!

Comment

VBulletin tech support is currently working on the problem. Apparently, we are the first to report this problem. It may be a bug.
                          Editor-in-Chief
                          GameSquad.com

Comment

Refreshing the page every avatar disappeared.
                            I hit reply with quote but changed my mind and hit back, and every avatar appeared. So the back bring back the avatars.
                            a brain cell

Comment

VBulletin tech support is currently working on the problem. Apparently, we are the first to report this problem. It may be a bug.
                              Ah bug tracking, my daily occupation

As tech support, I won't live without bugs. Bugs to sweet to my ears

Der WanderCloseTheWindowsAndCustomerAnswersYesItIsCold Tonight (real answer)
                              The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                              JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                              The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X