Even a Child Knows They Won't Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even a Child Knows They Won't Strike

The terrorists will not strike this holliday season knowing that everybody, from military through police through airport security through barbers, teachers and schoolchildren is on the lookout for them. And no, the bad guys, while Muslim, are not out to steal or hurt Christmas!

What's the point of hitting on New Year's Eve when you can hit on the 17 of March or some other insignificant date and cause the same or greater casualties?

The government is spreading panic and it's begnning to **** me. Tom Ridge's is a TV panic monger-that's the only thing he does.
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 25 Dec 03, 02:04.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero
    The terrorists will not strike this holliday season knowing that everybody, from military through police through airport security through barbers, teachers and schoolchildren is on the lookout for them. And no, the bad guys, while Muslim, are not out to steal or hurt Christmas!

What's the point of hitting on New Year's Eve when you can hit on the 17 of March or some other insignificant date and cause the same or greater casualties?

The government is spreading panic and it's begnning to **** me. Tom Ridge's is a TV panic monger-that's the only thing he does.
    The 17th March an insignificant date! That's St.Patrick's day!
    http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
      The 17th March an insignificant date! That's St.Patrick's day!

LoL yes, why this hate for the irishes?

Comment

French authorities cancelled all flights from Paris's Roissy airport bound to LA last nite acting on US Intel that possible highjackers from Al Quaeda might be on board, no evidences of that yet though.

Comment

For the terrorists not the number of dead but the symbolic the most important.

I hope nothing will happen...

I am on the Irish side, too
          a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
            For the terrorists not the number of dead but the symbolic the most important.

I hope nothing will happen...

I am on the Irish side, too
            Thanks Laszlo. Meant to ask if you have ACOW fancy a game?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
              Thanks Laszlo. Meant to ask if you have ACOW fancy a game?
              If it means playing a game, OK a quick (small, medium scenario)...
              a brain cell

Comment

Quite now, you might be aiding those terrorists?!?!
                And they better not attack on 3/17!
                "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

I agree. America is living in fear. The terrorists are sitting back and laughing at how we seem to shiver from their every word. Striking on symbolic dates doesn't have the morale impact seen by attacking on ordinary days. Besides, security is already up during holidays in any case.

I doubt Ridge has the intelligence needed to truly prevent an terrorist attack. You need to know where, when, who, and how, in some detail. Blanket security is more symbolic than effective. In all likelihood, if there is an attack, we couldn't do much to stop it.

If terrorist do attack, it would be another mistake. We'll pick up the pieces, bury our dead, and reign-in the wrath of our military and resolve.

The difference between us and Bin Laden should be we're not scared of what our opponent will do to us. He's probably shivering in some cave giving the impression of strength, when inside, he can't go to the bathroom alone. We should be out and about living it up, in a clear distay of our resolve and commitment to freedom.
                  "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
                    I agree. America is living in fear. The terrorists are sitting back and laughing at how we seem to shiver from their every word.
                    What I can't believe is our foolish domestic measures. How many of these are fighting terrorism or doing any good? I don't know, but personally things like the Patriot Act, are just doing what the terrorists couldn't do with those planes.

_Tim
                    "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
                      If it means playing a game, OK a quick (small, medium scenario)...
                      Russia/China 2000, 20 turns only, big map, low unit density - sound OK?

Comment

Ridge sets up National Guard perimeters everywhere and the terrorist will surely walk right into the trap. Maybe hordes of terrorists will arrive in armored cars stolen from a bank, like in Invasion of America. Chuck Norris will be impressed by the climatic gun battle that will follow. Sheesh. And the air defenses to shoot down airliners? That's worthy of Mars Attacks or a similar parody. The only way to stop terrorists is through intelligence gathering followed by arrests of specific people. We can't wage WWI-style trench warfare against Al-Quaida. It's moronic.
                        Last edited by MonsterZero; 25 Dec 03, 12:04.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McBride
                          What I can't believe is our foolish domestic measures. How many of these are fighting terrorism or doing any good? I don't know, but personally things like the Patriot Act, are just doing what the terrorists couldn't do with those planes.

_Tim
                          I agree these defensive measures are unlikely to successfully prevent terrorist attacks. The US has been the victim of terrorism in some form or the other since 1785. We should never let our guard down. However, we must not compromise our freedom to prevent what is the inevitable.
                          "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
                            I agree these defensive measures are unlikely to successfully prevent terrorist attacks. The US has been the victim of terrorism in some form or the other since 1785. We should never let our guard down. However, we must not compromise our freedom to prevent what is the inevitable.
                            The question is if America is threatened by 'stop at nothing' / 'stoop to anything' type of terrorist attacks why have none have happened in over two years. Was not 9/11 a 'once off'.
                            Hijacking a plane and slamming it into a building was at least a distinct possibility before those attacks took place anyway.
                            I mean even sitting here I could think of terrorist attacks that are non sophisticated but deadly that a terrorist org. could launch in any western nation if the willpower was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat
                              French authorities cancelled all flights from Paris's Roissy airport bound to LA last nite acting on US Intel that possible highjackers from Al Quaeda might be on board, no evidences of that yet though.

Hmmm, if they cancelled all flights, how is there going to be evidence of al Queada terrorists on them?

I'm adding that one to my personal "365 of the Stupidest Things Ever Said" desk calendar for 2004!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X