• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Xmas From Boulogne Billancourt

To all my friends of WHQ, I wish you the best Xmas possible

Have joy fun and plenty of Gifts

Der WanderPèreNöel
    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Merry Christmas everyone !!!!!!

Comment

Feliz Navidad!
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
        Feliz Navidad!
        Yes here's to everyone:

Nollaig Shona / Merry Christmas

Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on Earth peace amongst those whom he favours.--Luke 2:14.
        http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Merry Christmas to all and the very best in the New Year.
          Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Just leaving for my parents' place (for the Christmas Eve supper). Merry Xmas everybody!

Wesolych Swiat!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Merry Xmas!
              Kellemes karácsonyi ünnepeket!
              a brain cell

Comment

Jbetin, what's on the table for the traditional French Christmas Eve supper?

Comment

gee... everyone is speaking greek here ... well, so I feel I am obliged to add some flavor as well

Sheng Dan Kuai Le!

Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

I had Hot Wings and Beer for Christmas Eve dinner.........MMMMMM....I love/hate being single.
                    "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
                      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
                        Jbetin, what's on the table for the traditional French Christmas Eve supper?
                        Starter
                        -------
                        Often Oysters
                        different kind of assorted cooked meal, snails with garlic sauce humm or better frog legs, miamm
                        Very often with white wine

Main
                        -----
                        Turkey with chesnuts,
                        Capon with papatoes or chesnuts

The two preceding are the most traditional, but now families have less traditions and you can get different kinds of meat as rostbeef, veal Roti, etc...

With Red Wine

Fromage and Salade
                        -------------------
                        For those who like it, plenty of cheese ( more than 400 different kind of cheese in France)

Sitll with Red Wine

Dessert
                        -------
                        There is a traditional cake calle "Buche de Noël" Yule log
                        It could be an Iced Yule Log , or a more, cake like, classical one

and obiously Champagne

Best and more ORGIAC is the New years Eve

Der Wanderer
                        JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003

Comment

Sounds good Jean-Luc, so what are the French going to do to celebrate the New Year?

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                            Sounds good Jean-Luc, so what are the French going to do to celebrate the New Year?
                            New years eve is more orgiac an Xmas which more for families with children ( Santa Klaus come to brings parcels -> In France we don't speak of Santa Kaul but of Père Nöel)

Ok for New years Eve

Starter
                            -------
                            Oyster, snails, Foie Gras Pastries, smoked salmon etc....

Very sweety white wine

Main dish
                            ---------

Plenty of different things, could be fish, sheep leg, wild forest animals as boar, plenty of venison .
                            Plenty of vdifferent kind of vegetables, normaly no Freedom Fries for this Eve.
                            As we have lot of North African people who opened many restaurant you can buy take away Couscous ( MMMEUUUMMMMM, slurrp), that's with Vietnameese restaurant, the only good thing we got from colonisation.

couscous is semolina with south Europe vegetables as turnip, egg-plant, carrots, Zuchinni, all put in a big pot boiled with water and olive oil.
                            Meal is roast chicken of sheep or more in France meetball made of beef, but all must be Hallal ( special way to kill animals to be eated by muslims), Etc.... I stop there I'm salivating. You mixed all that in a curved dish. STOOOOOP I'm becoming hungry

All these with Best possible Fench wines 15€ a bottle in our HyperMarket probably 40$ in USA, if you still drink evil Frenchie wines

classical Cheese and Salad

Dessert
                            -------
                            Ices, Cakes, pies of different friuts as apple, apricot etc...
                            The best for me is the one our Backery made.
                            A cake made of apples with a few Calvados in a light cream -> confectionner custards, a pastry to damn all heaven Saints

I stop there toooo

All with Champagne again and many kind of Boxed chocolates

Here is how we celebrate New Years Eve

Der WanderOnDietShit

Comment

I drink French wines although I don't really understand what I drink. I don't know which brands are considered good in France. What inexpensive French wines are really good? I'm not sophisticated enough to spend a lot on wine just because it has a famous label, they all taste the same to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X