WOW, USS Cole Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW, USS Cole Recovery

This is a link to a page that shows photos of how the USS Cole was transported to the repairing dock after it was attacked. They are some really awesome shots and when I saw them I was almost speechless.

http://www.pianoladynancy.com/recovery_usscole.htm

Thanks for looking!!

Most impressive hole. The equivalent of a large Soviet torpedo...or even something bigger.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Just a few questions for you guys.
      Has anyone seen these pictures before? What do you think about them? Does anyone else know of any other recoverys like this?

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ
        Just a few questions for you guys.
        Has anyone seen these pictures before? What do you think about them? Does anyone else know of any other recoverys like this?
        Wow!

A hell of a hole it made.

I'd like to see some shots about how they maneouvered that transport ship under the USS Cole. Was the Cole towed over the ship? or does she have side thrusters?
        Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn
          Wow!

A hell of a hole it made.

I'd like to see some shots about how they maneouvered that transport ship under the USS Cole. Was the Cole towed over the ship? or does she have side thrusters?
          Well from what I have heard was they submerged that transport and towed the Cole over it very carfully.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ
            Does anyone else know of any other recoverys like this?
            Yes, the USS Stark was brought back to the US in the same manner.

I am surprised by the hole myself. I heard it was large, but the water obscured most imagines I've seen. We spent billions of dollars developing technology to protect ships and their crews from such destruction. The inventors of systems like Aegis never counted on a couple of idiots in a boat loaded with explosives.

Then again, I doubt we can prevent every possibility. Human ingenuity is an amazing thing, even when it's employed against man itself.
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
              Human ingenuity is an amazing thing, even when it's employed against man itself.

Unfortunately, man's inventive juices flow the strongest when the goal is to kill his fellow man.

Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn
                Unfortunately, man's inventive juices flow the strongest when the goal is to kill his fellow man.

Kinda makes you wonder what we could accomplish, if those juices we channeled into more positive channels.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X