I've Got to Congratulate Chinese Secret Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Got to Congratulate Chinese Secret Services

So, to provide cover for this agent they styled her as a famous American, anti-Chinese human rights activist, complete with an impressive bio and awards for her work? Yep. They even orchestrated a fake trial where she was sentenced for "spying for Taiwan".

Brilliant, quite brilliant because it's so simple. The Chinese officer who leads Mrs. Gao Zhan has planned this with the daring and imagination of a young kid. 007 stuff. But it's worked.

The Premier must be quite pleased with this operation.

The article is vague and cautious and so is the attitude of the American judge, but you guys wait until Friday when Congress goes back to work and finds out a spy may get as little 10 years, heck, maybe even just lots of community service.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/26/china.plea/index.html
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 26 Nov 03, 20:59.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Reminds me of this this is quote from Robert Kaplan (the pro-war types would probably like this guy's work) in an interview with the CBC about his book:

"Another example of Rabin is when he heard there was this very liberal moderate Palestinian, the first thing Rabin did was throw him in prison because he said he won't have credibility with his own people unless he's jailed by us for at least six months. So jail him, bring him out and I will negotiate with him."

Sneaky.
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X