U.S. Warship in Saigon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Warship in Saigon!

It is time to start planning the new map of the world where those Islamic states identified as rogue and supporting terrorism will be on the other side of the fence and everybody else on ours.

New alliances have to be made even if this means forgetting the unfinished business with North Vietnamese, North Koreans, China, Fidel Castro and god knows who else.

I like what I'm seeing in Saigon (oh...excuse me, Mr. Premier...I meant "Ho Chi Minh City").

Good start.

Last edited by MonsterZero; 19 Nov 03, 18:29.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

The United States need to form new alliances in Asia. Communism is no longer the threat it was thirty years ago. Vietnam has made no effort to expand her power since the late 1970's. It's economic and political situation, which is more nationalistic than communist, seems to beckon American support.

The Bush Administration have developed a long term strategy to maintain American dominance. The ideal is based loosely on the effort employed after WWII. The US is going to increasingly reach out to these small nations to achieve what Chuck correctly characterized as "Win Win situations." I'm not certain it will be successful. The political climate is different, and there are more countries willing to challenge our effort. Yet, it is a promising strategy if carried out correctly.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
      New alliances have to be made even if this means forgetting the unfinished business with North Vietnamese...
      I'm sure the Vietnamese (North Vietnam no longer exists) consider it finished business, time you guys do the same.

Comment

Well I suppose that the old saying that time heals all wounds is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
          The United States need to form new alliances in Asia. Communism is no longer the threat it was thirty years ago.
          Well, there is the small issue of Taiwan.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/as...war/index.html
          "I'm all ears." - Dolph Lundgren

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tuline
            Well, there is the small issue of Taiwan.
            Yes Tiawan is an outstanding issue. I believe the best course is still to increase our presence in the region. America must take care not to encourage alarm in Beijing. Otherwise, China could throw a big monkey-wrench into our efforts.

The larger problem with the Bush Administration's policy is that it undermines the role of some of our allies. Alot of people globally feel the US should pursue our Asian agenda multilaterally. I believe our ultimate goals could never be achieved unilaterally. Yet, I do question just how much we should involve some of our more powerful allies. They have their own agenda, and America and the world needs to recognize and respect the differences. (And no it has little do with American imperalism, and European fairness.)
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X