Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Control Nuts!

Hello,

I recently read an article that really angers me greatly. I want to share this one with you guys. I think the senior citizen should not be arrested for defending himself from no-good mugger.

I certainly hope liberals are happy with gun control laws! The guns ought not to be licensed, and guys shouldn't bother with registering the guns, it's a clear violation of Second Amendment.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=35469

Mugger goes free,
    victim arrested
    80-year-old fends off attacker with unlicensed gun

He survived a violent mugging, but now 80-year-old Lester Campbell faces criminal charges for defending himself with an unlicensed gun.

The frail octogenarian told WABC-TV he relies on the .38-caliber pistol given to him by his mother for protection when he cashes his Social Security checks.

After cashing his latest check, Campbell pocketed the $262 and went to the supermarket in his Bronx neighborhood in New York. A mugger apparently spotted Campbell's wad, followed him home to his apartment building and then jumped him inside the elevator.

A fierce struggle ensued, reports the news station, during which the assailant ripped Campbell's pants to snatch the wallet.

The gun went off, sending the bullet ricocheting into the ceiling.

"He tried to keep the barrel away from him, twisting and turning," Campell told WABC. "And when I was going to pull it, see, I lose some grip. And that's when he started twisting and twisting."

When the elevator car stopped at the third floor, the attacker fled with Campbell's money, leaving him bruised and bloodshot.

Police officers arrived on the scene some time later, confiscated Campbell's pistol and another gun from inside his apartment and arrested him. He's due to appear in court next month on charges of misdemeanor criminal possession of a weapon.

Campbell complains the wrong man is getting punished.

"He had no business doing that. I was minding my business. I don't bother nobody," WABC quotes him as saying.

Campbell's neighbors had mixed reaction to the incident.

"The way I feel, if he didn't have the gun probably something would happen to him, serious," said Ernest McKenzie. "And at the same time, he has to be licensed."
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Well, he should have licensed his weapon. I don't believe the police were right to arrest the man though. Clearly the weapon saved his life.

I support licensing. We all have licenses to drive cars. We register them as well. I understand the government can use that information to keep records on citizens. Yet, we're the ones who seem to have a hard time limiting the authority of law enforcement.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
      Well, he should have licensed his weapon. I don't believe the police were right to arrest the man though. Clearly the weapon saved his life.

I support licensing. We all have licenses to drive cars. We register them as well. I understand the government can use that information to keep records on citizens. Yet, we're the ones who seem to have a hard time limiting the authority of law enforcement.
      I agree with you. Why he did not get a license? He would not have had any of that trouble since this kind of gun can be licensed without problem.

Of course, the police officers did not act brightly here. They should simply have seized the gun and tell the guy to license it if he wants it back. And they should try to arrest the mugger.

But I don't see why this should be interpreted as an event justifying "the removal of all gun controls!" This is a one-in-a-million event, irrelevant to the vast majority of cases where reasonable gun controls remain appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tzar
        I agree with you. Why he did not get a license? He would not have had any of that trouble since this kind of gun can be licensed without problem.
        Getting a license to carry in NYC is next to impossible. It is one of the most gunowner-unfriendly places in the world. If you want to be law-abiding, that is...
        I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

I would say the Second Amendment should be lincense enough. Gun ownership is a Consitutional Right, while driving is a privledge.
          "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tzar

Of course, the police officers did not act brightly here. They should simply have seized the gun and tell the guy to license it if he wants it back. And they should try to arrest the mugger.

But I don't see why this should be interpreted as an event justifying "the removal of all gun controls!" This is a one-in-a-million event, irrelevant to the vast majority of cases where reasonable gun controls remain appropriate.
            One in a million case???????
            WTF, it is estimated a firearm is used in self defense over 2 million times a year by law abiding citizens for self defense in this country!
            "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
              Berlin.1945
              by casanova
              The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
              Yesterday, 23:41
            • casanova
              AW 169M
              by casanova
              The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
              Yesterday, 23:26
            • JBark
              What changed?
              by JBark
              There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
              Yesterday, 18:54
            Working...
            X