Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Cheer for Howard Dean!

Hello,

Come on, let us be racists for one day, and cheer Howard Dean, your favorite Democratic candidate, who made the following remark:

I still want to be the candidate for guys with Con-federate flags in their pickup trucks.

Gentlemen, this has no place in American politics, as far I am concerned, Howard Dean should resign his presidential candidacy immediately and announce his apology...

Does this remind us of somebody else? Trent Lott, anybody? No? Lott was forced to step down as the majority Senate Leader because of one racist remark.

Now, Dean is running for the office of presidency is certainly way higher than being the majority or minority Senate Leader, thus Dean should be held to a higher standard than what is generally expected of us.

Yes sir, I make no apology that this is a direct political attack on Howard Dean, because Democrats took advantage of Trent Lott's racist remarks. As far I am concerned, Dean made a stupid mistake and he should pay for it dearly.

And oh yeah, let me say again, GO BUSH!

I take sheer joy in a Democratic candidate tripping himself over some stupid racist remark...

More and more, I'm so sure of myself that Bush will win the election 2004. Tough luck for everybody else!

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

I didn't know you follow the Democrats so closely Cheetah772. So you are saying that everyone who has a Confederate flag in their truck is a racist?
    "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
      I didn't know you follow the Democrats so closely Cheetah772. So you are saying that everyone who has a Confederate flag in their truck is a racist?
      Personally for me, I don't think having a Confederate Flag stick is a racist thing to do. It's just as I don't think Trent Lott's comment was really racist.

My point was that everybody immediately labeled Trent Lott's comment as a racist remark. Lott lost his job after making that comment. What about Dean's candidancy? Don't you think he should pay for his stupid comment?

My thread was meant to be a brutal sarcastic joke for those liberals who pride themselves on so-called multiculturalism as Dean seems to do.

Dean can run for the president, but I would want everybody to remember what we did to Trent Lott, and how some Democrats are now holding a double standard when it comes down to supporting Howard Dean in his run for the presidency of this great nation.

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Lott supports the flag in Mississippi and no one ever has ever called for him to resign because of it. After he came out with the position that Strom Thurmond should have been elected in 1948 was when the trouble started.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

The south should have won anyway
          "Speaking here in my capacity as a polished, sophisticated European as well, it seems to me the laugh here is on the polished, sophisticated Europeans. They think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and ignorant and so on. And they've taken as their own Michael Moore, as their representative American, someone who actually embodies all of those qualities." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by kid kool
            The south should have won anyway
            Didn't you hear? A Republican candidate won the governorship of Mississippi. The Kentucky race is the next one, and already the Democrats are concerned that they could also lose that race. It looks like despite Bush's so-called mismanagement of Iraq occupation policy and a bad economy that is recovering the voters want new faces -- preferably the Republicans.

The Democrats have been in control for most of 20th century, it's about high time for the Republicans to take back the control.

Dan

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

A little early for JINGO bells, isn't it Dan....

Comment

Trent Lott lot found out the political dogs he unleashed so many times on opponents have no respect for their presumed master.

Trent Lott was forced out in part because a number of Republicans are trying to do more to attract minority votes. It was a good move in that respect. Conservatives have a very negative image in many minority communities. At one time, the party didn't care. However, in recent years, Republicans realize their control in the Senate and the House will only be reinforced by selling minorities on their agenda.

Lott's comments surprised few. His immediate response was even less surprising. It once again appeared to illustrate the racist ideals of Republicans. Conservatives tell single parents working two jobs, but still require government assistance they are lazy. Democrats on the otherhand shake their hand, even if they are robbing them blind.

The conservative opinion on a number of issues makes blacks like myself, who see the Democratic party for what it is, less willing to contribute to the Republican cause. Lott's statement went further to portray blacks who do support conservatives as "uncle tom's."

So while some might not see a problem with what Trent Lott said. I believe the Republican Party needs minority votes, and should do whatever it can to attract them. If conservatives continue to loose minority support by not reaching out to them, I'm confident Republicans will never see the absolute control they truly require.
                "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                  The Democrats have been in control for most of 20th century, it's about high time for the Republicans to take back the control.
                  Yeah, things got really bad in the 20th century. I'm getting nostalgic for the Gilded Age too. Bush is too... his role model is William McKinley, a great President for some.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                    Yeah, things got really bad in the 20th century. I'm getting nostalgic for the Gilded Age too. Bush is too... his role model is William McKinley, a great President for some.
                    What ever happened to him?
                    http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
                      What ever happened to him?
                      He was shot by an anarchist named Leon Czolgosz.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

I don't know what the hell happened to this Dean. Must have been snorting stuff.

Presidential candidates are not allowed to make those kinds of mistakes.

He just threw his race away.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Strangely enough, I don't see Jamiam rushing in to defend Howard Dean's honor, considering how he is fanatical in smearing Bush's honor...oh gosh, I guess Jamiam isn't a true Democrat after all...or maybe Jamiam has finally decided that it's too much for him to defend the Democrats and readily joined the Republican Party!

Dan

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

The Democrats have no confidence. Half the time they are worrying whether one of their special interest groups will get offended by what they say.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772
                              Strangely enough, I don't see Jamiam rushing in to defend Howard Dean's honor, considering how he is fanatical in smearing Bush's honor...oh gosh, I guess Jamiam isn't a true Democrat after all...or maybe Jamiam has finally decided that it's too much for him to defend the Democrats and readily joined the Republican Party!
                              Haha. I haven't been registered as a Democrat for over ten years.

My take on this "flap" is that it is a tempest in a teapot. Dean's record on Civil Rights speaks for itself, and though his choice of words was somewhat clumsy, it bespeaks a need for the Democrats to realize that the South was lost to them because of the Republicans driving those very same wedge issues of race, and poor white fear, that led to them getting the votes. Until the Democrats can bring back the "Bubba" vote they will continue to lose the Southern States.
                              I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X