I'm back...almost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back...almost

Hi guys. Well, I made it to New Orleans yesterday, but I don't have my computer set up yet. It may take me a few days more than I thought because of a freak incident at Frankfurt International in Germany.

I was accidentally struck in the eye by a careless security person and had to suffer through an unbearable 15 hr flight. Radbabe took me to the emergency room when I arrived. There is no permanent damage, but right now I only have the use of one eye and the medication I am on makes it very difficult for me to look at bright light. It's hard for me to focus on a computer monitor for more than a few seconds.

The good thing is that it should heal very fast and I'll be back to normal before long.

Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

Sorry about that!
    "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Oh come on...you're just setting up your excuse to be wearing a pirate's outfit this evening...

But seriously folks...Welcome back Don, and take care, and of clumsy security, ghosts and goblins - beware!
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Not to worry Don, your trusty staff have been keeping the boat afloat while you've been gone, right guys!
        ... uh guys?

Hope to see you tip top soon...welcome home!
        Michael
        "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.

Michael

Comment

it is just amazing to see how James can imagine cool things (or hot? ) out from troubles...

Hope you get well soon, Don! ... (BTW, sue them, man! )
          Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

I was accidentally struck in the eye by a careless security person and had to suffer through an unbearable 15 hr flight.
            Wow. What exactly happened?

Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Are you sure that this accident was not managed by Radbabe to keep you from running immedialty to your computer and let her alone again

Der Wandersuspicious
              The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
              JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
              The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

He survived the war...but can he survive the peace?

Hope you recover quickly Don!
                Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Hello,

Aw, it must be Germans protesting the US involvement with Iraq, and that security guy saw an opportunity to express his frustration taken out on Don!

Ah, this is the REAL evidence of anti-Americanism running amok in Europe! I say we invade Germany again!

Just kidding...I think....maybe I'm not so sure anymore...

Dan :flag:
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

That sucks. Being in a plane (and for so long) when you're not feeling good or are hurt is the worst thing.

Hope your eye get OK soon.

Comment

geeez chief, that sucks bigtime.
                      French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

It's always the freak accidents that get ya! All those years in the military being aware of what is going on around you, being careful, then wham! something you never expect. Oh, how the civilian world an be a dangerous place too.
                        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

Comment

Sorry about the eye Don, but, welcome back to the forums. We missed you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X