Proof God exists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof God exists.

Or, "this guy needs to buy some lottery tickets NOW".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3209223.stm

Actor Jim Caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing Jesus in Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion Of Christ.
    The lightning bolt hit Caviezel and the film's assistant director Jan Michelini while they were filming in a remote location a few hours from Rome.

It was the second time Michelini had been hit by lightning during the shoot.

Neither of them was badly hurt, according to the film's producer Steve McEveety.

Michelini had previously been struck during filming in Matera, Italy, when he suffered light burns to his fingers after lightning hit his umbrella.

Describing the second lightning strike, McEveety told VLife, a supplement of the trade paper Variety: "I'm about a hundred feet away from them when I glance over and see smoke coming out of Caviezel's ears."

The Passion Of Christ, which was filmed in the ancient languages of Latin and Aramaic, is directed and co-written by actor Mel Gibson and focuses on the last 12 hours in the life of Jesus.

Although it is not due for release until early next year, it has already hit headlines after Jewish figures in the United States slated it for being "dangerous" and portraying Jews in a negative way.

Originally titled The Passion, the film changed its title last week after Miramax claimed the rights to the title for one of its own projects, a historical epic based on a Jeanette Winterson novel.

The film now looks set to be released in the States by independent distributors Newmarket Films, who released Memento and Whale Rider in the US.
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Nah. All it is proof of is that you are an idiot to be holding or standing beside someone who has a open umbrella during a electrical storm.

A umbrella figures prominently in both incidents.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

Hello,

Or it could be just that God is expressing His disapproval of the filiming of Christ's last days on the Earth. So many have been made in His name and proved to be nothing more than a film of mockery at Christian values.

I tend to avoid any movie made on the religious issues, simply because so many have gotten it wrong. I never forget when I watched a couple of TV movies about John the Baptist and Noah's Ark, so many errors were found in them, so I was completely turned off.

I think I'll stick with the Bible.

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Or it could be just that God is expressing His disapproval of the filiming of Christ's last days on the Earth. So many have been made in His name and proved to be nothing more than a film of mockery at Christian values.
        No chance. If god was inclined to smite people with lightning, the list of candidates with higher priority to be lit up would be long indeed and this actor wouldn't make the cut.

He is doing his job - to protray the character in the script to the best of his ability. The screenwriter and the director would fry before he ever would.

It is misfortune - nothing more.

Comment

Lighting Strikes

The Liberals must be loving this as they hate this film so much. Pehaps they are loving this enough to believe in God. Am I on to something here?

Comment

Dan,
            Right in the middle of "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown. Though much of it is of course fiction, it brings up some interesting points. One, I didn't realize our version of the Bible was canonized under the rule of the Constantine and many teachings were left out (some due to political considerations). Could not some of those be inspired by God? In addition, the book also infers that there was a close (very close) relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. What are your views?

Lew Fisher
            Sincerely, Lew Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by Fishkoff

Dan,
              Right in the middle of "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown. Though much of it is of course fiction, it brings up some interesting points. One, I didn't realize our version of the Bible was canonized under the rule of the Constantine and many teachings were left out (some due to political considerations). Could not some of those be inspired by God? In addition, the book also infers that there was a close (very close) relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. What are your views?

Lew Fisher
              The book "Holy Blood,Holy Grail" (author's name escapes me at the moment) talks at length about the relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. For any Catholic or indeed anybody who believes the "popular" concepts of Christianity; this book is a model of heresy, but it does raise interesting theories for those with a more "open" mind.
              Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Some documentary about Jesus stated that evidence of Jesus and Mary Magdalene's ...<ahem> relationship is locked away in one of the vaults of the Vatican.

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn
                  The book "Holy Blood,Holy Grail" (author's name escapes me at the moment) talks at length about the relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdalene. For any Catholic or indeed anybody who believes the "popular" concepts of Christianity; this book is a model of heresy, but it does raise interesting theories for those with a more "open" mind.
                  Christianity evolved. Many books of the bible were discounted by church leaders in part because they feared interpretation of those accounts would undermine the integrity of the faith. In many cases, they ruled people would not follow an imperfect God who doesn't promise wealth and riches and happiness.

I once asked in Sunday School, "if God knew all before hand, why would we need to ask for forgiveness?" I got put out of class for and reported to my mom for back talking. Fortunately for me my mom thought it a good question. She told us as kids, her duty was to introduce us to him, whether we accepted him was not up to her.

I came to the conclusion that God is far from perfect. He makes mistakes, might even do wrong. Yet, all that should not change his status, if you are a believer.

BTW: To make certain I am not sending the wrong signal. I don't pass judgement on anyone's faith or lack of it. This is a right I wish not to infringe upon by expressing my opinion.
                  "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X