Go Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Marlins

God I hate hoping the National league team will win the World Series!
    I just can't/will never be capable of rooting for the g****m Yankees
    Black & blue from the TOAW learning curve!

Originally posted by Foggy
    God I hate hoping the National league team will win the World Series!
    I just can't/will never be capable of rooting for the g****m Yankees
    In which game type? Basketball?
    a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
      In which game type? Basketball?
      I think the Marlins are a basketball team...never heard of them.
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
        I think the Marlins are a basketball team...never heard of them.
        I am surely...
        a brain cell

Comment

Sorry, Lazlo - the Marlins are a US baseball team. I will be rooting
          for the to beat the Evil Empire (ie NY Yankees)

Comment

Hehe... Cubs and Red Sox choke yet again.
            "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Believe me, choke is not a good enough word. Even my wife knew
              it was time to yank Pedro!

Comment

Yes, you would have thought that Little would have known better to let Pedro go on after watching Baker go too long with Prior and Wood in their games 6 and 7. Of course neither one of them had a bullpen they could trust. Just wish Baker would have had Clement ready to pitch at the start of the 5th in case Wood got in trouble, which he did.
                Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it!

Comment

Originally posted by Foggy
                  Sorry, Lazlo - the Marlins are a US baseball team. I will be rooting
                  for the to beat the Evil Empire (ie NY Yankees)
                  Huh, maybe I am in the wrong thread... I am lost...
                  Excuse me, where can I find the Annie Ch. thread?
                  a brain cell

Comment

Originally posted by laszlo.nemedi
                    Huh, maybe I am in the wrong thread... I am lost...
                    Excuse me, where can I find the Annie Ch. thread?
                    oh goodness... can't you just forget about that b**** for a while?

anyway, for foggy etc... here is something you may enjoy a lot ...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...es_editorial_1

NY Post Editorial Says Yankees Lost
                    1 hour, 48 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

NEW YORK - The curse of the Bambino struck the New York Post, too.

On the morning after the New York Yankees vanquished the Boston Red Sox to win the American League pennant, some editions of the Post carried an editorial bemoaning a loss for the Bronx Bombers.

"The Yankees couldn't get the job done," read the editorial. "The hitting fell short and the bullpen simply didn't deliver. It's a crying shame that Roger Clemens' career had to end on a losing note."

Clemens, the Yankees' 41-year-old pitcher, has said he will retire at the end of the season. He will now pitch for the Yankees in the World Series (news - web sites) against the Florida Marlins.

Post Editor in Chief Col Allan blamed the foul-up on a simple production error.

"We had prepared two editorials, one in the event of the Yankees winning, one with the Yankees losing," he said. "When we transmitted the pages to our printing facility, the wrong button was struck and the wrong editorial sent."

The mistake was caught and corrected in later editions. But City Council Speaker Gifford Miller — the target of another editorial in Friday's paper — waved an oversized copy of the Post gaffe at a Yankees pep rally at City Hall.

Its headline: "A Curse of Their Own?"

(do not know why.... I am also tired of seeing them winning every year )
                    Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

It is easy to get confused when talking about baseball. Like Basketball, and Football, they all surround the "great art" of men chasing, loosing, and catching their balls. All the players are too stupid to keep up with them, like real men.

Boxing, there's a sport. Two people getting into the ring and knocking each other out. Oh hockey comes to that.
                      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X