Let Me Understand This...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Me Understand This...

This convoy of U.S. diplomats is heading to meet some Palestinians who have applied for a U.S. scholarship (to study in a an American school) and Palestinian swine blow up the convoy killing people who wanted help them get a lucky break in life? Why?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ast/index.html
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 15 Oct 03, 19:17.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero
    This convoy of U.S. diplomats is heading to meet some Palestinians who have applied for a U.S. scholarship (to study in a an American school) and Palestinian swine blow up the convoy killing people who wanted help them get a lucky break in life? Why?

Destroy the terrorist swine wherever they are! Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Iran, I don't care. Death to terrorist swine and screw their cheerleaders at WarfareHQ!
    One of things I would like to note is that it was a remote-controlled bomb. Either the Palestinians are getting smarter or a country had been aiding them all along. It smells too much like several remote-controlled bombs that were denotated lately in Iraq. I suspect somebody is starting to organize the attacks across Middle East more efficiently.

As far I am concerned, this is enough for me to call for a kind of US armed response to the blow-up of the US convoy. Just send in the US marines or a single Army division in assisting the Israelis get rid of Palestinian terrorists once for all. This cannot go unanswered.

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

BTW, I keep on posting in the wrong room. This thread belongs to current events of course. Sorry.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
        ... and Palestinian swine blow up the convoy killing people who wanted help them get a lucky break in life? Why?
        What makes you automatically assume that it was Palestinians that were behind the bombing? None of the terrorists groups have come forward claiming responsibility. It is just as likely that it is Mossad, since this is the probable resulting consequence...

"...But Israeli and Palestinian analysts said the attack would likely give Israel an even freer hand to carry out raids in the West Bank and Gaza and targeted killings of militant leaders.

"It will allow Israel to move with greater determination in Gaza and in the West Bank to dismantle the terror capabilities," said Gerald Steinberg, an analyst at Israel's Bar Ilan University."

How'd they know which vehicle contained Americans? Why not target the vehicle with the "important" Americans, instead of some rented security? Sounds too much like a set up to me.

Then again, I'm the paranoid conspiracy theorist...

Ps. A moderator should move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Pps. When are we going to get a good tinfoil beanie smiley?
        I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Or maybe this one:

Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) told Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia when Qureia telephoned with condolences that the Bush administration could not move forward on establishing a Palestinian state unless violence and terrorism were eliminated.
          Last edited by MikeJ; 15 Oct 03, 22:14.
          "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
            What makes you automatically assume that it was Palestinians that were behind the bombing? None of the terrorists groups have come forward claiming responsibility. It is just as likely that it is Mossad, since this is the probable resulting consequence...

"...But Israeli and Palestinian analysts said the attack would likely give Israel an even freer hand to carry out raids in the West Bank and Gaza and targeted killings of militant leaders.

"It will allow Israel to move with greater determination in Gaza and in the West Bank to dismantle the terror capabilities," said Gerald Steinberg, an analyst at Israel's Bar Ilan University."

How'd they know which vehicle contained Americans? Why not target the vehicle with the "important" Americans, instead of some rented security? Sounds too much like a set up to me.

Then again, I'm the paranoid conspiracy theorist...

Ps. A moderator should move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Pps. When are we going to get a good tinfoil beanie smiley?

Not all that far fetched really.

Israel's concerns are for Israel only. They've proven many times over the years that they are willing to go pretty far to achieve their objectives.
            Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Its it a bit strange that none of the usual suspects have claimed responsibility as normally they will put in a claim for the most outragous incidents no problem. Probably a Palestinian splinter group rather than Mossad, just too risky an exercise even for them.
              http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
                Its it a bit strange that none of the usual suspects have claimed responsibility as normally they will put in a claim for the most outragous incidents no problem. Probably a Palestinian splinter group rather than Mossad, just too risky an exercise even for them.
                I certainly agree it would be an extremely high-risk operation for Mossad, with the potential fallout, should it be revealed, of nation shattering proportion. That said, I wouldn't put it past them, as the chance of them getting caught being almost nil. Almost everyone automatically assumes that the Palestinians, or Arabs, are behind every bombing in the Mideast.

Some of the usual suspects have already been rounded up, but the organization accused is vehemently denying any responsibility. As it is a splinter group, it is a safe group for Arafat and his minions to take down, offending the smallest number of his constituency, and "demonstrating" his swift action and control of the situation. Personally, I think they are being made the fall guys.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that agent provocateurs were employed at crucial times in swaying public opinion, by any of the nations involved.
                I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                  It certainly wouldn't be the first time that agent provocateurs were employed at crucial times in swaying public opinion, by any of the nations involved.
                  Yes, that reminds me of the time British Agents planted car bombs in Dublin in December 1972, killing two and injuring scores more.

They planted them that night because the Dail (our Parliament) was just about to vote on new legislation aimed at curbing the IRA. The opposition was firmly opposed to this (just for tactical reasons mind you) and it looked like the Government of the day would be defeated and perhaps fall. Well the bombs went off as planned and the opposition felt it had no choice but to back the Bill.

I was 20 at time and my parents made me go out and find my sister and check she was safe (I knew she was anyway but to just to stop them worrying). On the bus to where she was I remember saying to the bus driver that they said on the Radio it was two busmen who were the ones that were killed, and he said ‘ Please don’t say that son’.

Nice work Chaps, and no doubt promotion within Her Majesty's Secret Service to boot.
                  http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X