Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Science...

This is pretty interesting stuff.

Couldn't help but thinking of my favorite chimp, when I read the story. Maybe he's not a puppet. Maybe he's just an early prototype. Might explain some of his ambulatory gaffes...loose electrodes and all...
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

woohoo now we can turn james earl jones into a REAL dark vader.

however pretty cool stuff, however, could take years before its green light for humie use.
    French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
      This is pretty interesting stuff.

Couldn't help but thinking of my favorite chimp, when I read the story. Maybe he's not a puppet. Maybe he's just an early prototype. Might explain some of his ambulatory gaffes...loose electrodes and all...
      Just who was your favorite chimp? Yourself?

On a more serious note, it is indeed a marvelous sight to see endless implications of this latest technological leap in the biotechnology.

I wonder is Christopher Reeve reading this article right now? I would wager that he will immediately want to volunteer for the medical experiments, which will be started next year if FDA approves the experiments. Then we call can get back to what Reeve does the best: flying like a Superman.

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

reeve? i thought he had a little movement back, all be it a single finger.
        what do you think of siamese twins connected by the side so they each have a single arm.
        or people without arms
        or people without legs
        or snakes without a tail
        or elephants without their long nose
        or
        or
        or
        French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

Metalic voice
          "How are you Z6PJamian, Did you seen R2D2Mantis in those last thoughts times"

Der WanderRobotnik
          The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
          JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
          The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

There are many things they don't explain in these articles. Which thoughts do you think to create the right signals? How do they know what part of the brain and what kind of electrical activity is associated with those thoughts?
            Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Originally posted by SparceMatrix
              There are many things they don't explain in these articles. Which thoughts do you think to create the right signals? How do they know what part of the brain and what kind of electrical activity is associated with those thoughts?
              Saw a more detailed article. I don't recall it talking about the choice of location or the length of time this took place over, but what happened was that while the monkey was playing with the joystick a computer was recording the brain activity. And as I think was mentioned in this article they first unhooked the joystick but let the monkey keep playing with it and eventually the monkey realized that it didn't need the stick any more.
              It may be that at some time in the dim future of the race the need for war will vanish: but that time is yet ages distant. As yet no nation can hold its place in the world, or can do any work really worth doing, unless it stands ready to guard its right with an armed hand." - President Teddy Roosevelt
              (Quoted in Edmund Morris, The Rise Of Theodore Roosevelt, p. 594)

Comment

Hope they hook that thing up right, it may be tragic to try to step forward, but, whack yourself in the face instead.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X