The next president ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next president ?

Ha ! I can’t sleep, I wanted to have a thread in the Troll Cave and now I like poll. So I make this one.
    In your opinion, who in this list have the best chance to become the president of the United State ?

I pick Jacques Chirac. Because with all the American nuclear weapons he will be able to make a lot of nuclear test on rogues states like Iran, North Korea or France.

LaPalice.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    20.00%
    Ronald Mc Donald
    0.00%
    Me (I mean you)
    30.00%
    Jacques Chirac
    20.00%
    A honest politician
    0.00%
    Attila the Hun
    0.00%
    Another Bush
    20.00%
    Your mother in law
    10.00%
    Monsieur de La Palice est mort
    Mort devant Pavie.
    Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
    Il était encore en vie...

Hello,

I was tempted to pick myself, but at the last moment, I picked another Bush, so if something went awry, I can always blame on him instead of myself!

No, if Jacques Chirac was the president of USA, I think he would have ordered a couple of nuclear bombs dropped on Texas, just to teach America to sit and bark like a dog on the UN's leash.

Anyway, I have often wondered would Richard Simmons, a exercise guru, would have made a good president? I think with his exercise programs, it would have scared the hell out of Saddam, Kimmy boy (North Korean leader), and bin Laden....

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I picked Chirac. After wooing the First Lady with those kisses on the hands she's sure to divorce her deadbeat husband and marry him.

Then Chirac will control France and the USA. All part of the master plan.
      "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
        I picked Chirac. After wooing the First Lady with those kisses on the hands she's sure to divorce her deadbeat husband and marry him.

Then Chirac will control France and the USA. All part of the master plan.
        I wouldn't have thought that this event at l'Elysée was so well known in the world. Nobody says if Georges Bush is jealous.

LaPalice.
        Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

Wait until the 14th, when the bombs start to fall...
          "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

(I toasted the other thread for you, LaPalice).
            "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis
              (I toasted the other thread for you, LaPalice).
              Thank you Mantis. What do you mean by the 14th ?

LaPalice.
              Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

Me, because I always wanted to be President. But I have come to terms with the fact that now it is never going to happen!
                http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by LaPalice
                  Thank you Mantis. What do you mean by the 14th ?

LaPalice.
                  That's when Bush is going to bomb France, to let Chirac know what he thinks of French guys kissin' his ol' lady!

Winston Churchill

Comment

I fear there are many problems with the choices you present

1) Arnold S. - Constitution prohibits his taking office - Article II, Section 1 "No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President..."

2) Ronald McDonald - While Ronald McDonald was born in the United States as a result of his chimerical nature, he most likely not a citizen of the United States and despite his many houses scattered around the nation he maintains no residency and would further fail to qualify due the the follow requirement: Article II, Section 1 "...and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States. "

5) Me - While a natural citizen and a resident for all of my 31 years I would not be eligible at this time. Article II, Section 1 "...neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years...". Though I will willingly accept your support in the 2008 elections.

4) Jacque Chirac - See Arnold above, plus he's French.

5) An honest politician - Again, as with Mr. McDonald, the chimerical nature of this person would most likely fail all qualifying requirements.

6) Attila the Hun - While a good choice for the Commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces as spelled out in Article II, Section 2. He would unlikely be able to fulfill the requirement in Section 1 that requires that "[b]efore he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." I question his ability to fulfill this requirement because of his non-living status.

7) Another Bush - If it is meant another member of the Bush family, this is unlikely since none would be likely to challenge G.W. for the nomination or office in the elections next year. If meant as a slang term, there is only one female in the current field of candidates, that being Carol Mosley Braun, and she is highly unelectable.

8) My Mother-in-law - While a very nice woman, the fact that she makes Pat Robertson look like an atheist would make here fairly unelectable in a national wide election.
                    Last edited by DeconMan; 06 Oct 03, 11:17.
                    It may be that at some time in the dim future of the race the need for war will vanish: but that time is yet ages distant. As yet no nation can hold its place in the world, or can do any work really worth doing, unless it stands ready to guard its right with an armed hand." - President Teddy Roosevelt
                    (Quoted in Edmund Morris, The Rise Of Theodore Roosevelt, p. 594)

Comment

Originally posted by DeconMan

5) Me - While a natural citizen and a resident for all of my 31 years I would not be eligible at this time. Article II, Section 1 "...neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years...". Though I will willingly accept your support in the 2008 elections.
                      You have my support.

LaPalice.
                      Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPalice
                        You have my support.

LaPalice.
                        There go my chances, well maybe not, at lease Jean-Luc hasn't spoken up in support of me yet.
                        Last edited by DeconMan; 06 Oct 03, 12:37.
                        It may be that at some time in the dim future of the race the need for war will vanish: but that time is yet ages distant. As yet no nation can hold its place in the world, or can do any work really worth doing, unless it stands ready to guard its right with an armed hand." - President Teddy Roosevelt
                        (Quoted in Edmund Morris, The Rise Of Theodore Roosevelt, p. 594)

Comment

Originally posted by DeconMan
                          There go my chances, well maybe not, at lease Jean-Luc hasn't spoken up in support of me yet. :P
                          He is silencious these days on the forum. He prepare a coup d'Etat maybe. He is going to be the next president of the United State.

LaPalice.
                          Mort devant Pavie.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X