It still hurts....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It still hurts....

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

so...put a lidocaine patch on it if it still hurts...
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Patient: "It hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Then stop doing it."
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Classic Tommy Cooper gag
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I like this post.

I can't "like" it with the button as it gives me an error message, classic though as MarkV said.

BTW a Doctor actually told me that once...more or less. Had the habit and still do of carrying a heavy backpack on one shoulder which was causing pain in my ... left shoulder and also left side of my chest (actually the muscle there as the exam showed). So I stopped - more or less.

Comment

I miss Firefly, you insensitive bastards!
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Misery loves company. I suggest you find some because it's unlikely you'll get any sympathy here.

Comment

...still hurtin" there, AJ?
                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Classic Tommy Cooper gag
                  Based on a classic truth about patients, however, who continue to do things that hurt despite the body's warning that something is wrong. Much of that is based on our macho vision of how people should treat pain.

Which reminds me, I'm now involved in counseling my brother-in-law who just broke his distal femur - that's the end where it connects to the knee. Actually, he shattered it and now has enough hardware in there to set off metal detectors all over town. I've been telling him to avoid cash registers at WalMart from now on.

He keeps wanting to do things he should not, and it keeps hurting him, and I keep telling him...

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                    so...put a lidocaine patch on it if it still hurts...
                    Kind of hard to patch his "firmament"...

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      I know you're retired and all. But have you seriously considered getting a bit more time outside? A brisk walk? Maybe a jog?

This is the start of the slippery slope. It begins with firefly and before you know it you're dressed as Han Solo andtrying to get your Mrs to dress as Chewbacca during "family" time.
                      "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post

I know you're retired and all. But have you seriously considered getting a bit more time outside? A brisk walk? Maybe a jog?

This is the start of the slippery slope. It begins with firefly and before you know it you're dressed as Han Solo andtrying to get your Mrs to dress as Chewbacca during "family" time.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post

Hey, don't knock it! We get a few looks when we're out shopping but WTF...

2285966-orig.jpg
                          "I am Groot"
                          - Groot

Comment

Ah... You find them in every army...

It's a wonder any fighting got done...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Ah... You find them in every army...

It's a wonder any fighting got done...
                              Words fail me. Oooo. Hang on. No they don't. Is there a boom industry making re-enactors industrial size uniforms? Because I'm pretty sure most world war two soldiers never reached that sort of....... Mass? Yeah mass. Mass is polite.

"Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X