Posting images (for dummies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting images (for dummies)

Can someone please explain how to post an image into a post? I see the attach file option at the bottom of the post, but it only gives a link to the image. I want the image to be seen in the message.

if you attach more than one picture they are shown as a text links, if you attach just one picture it's displayed.
    "The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

Comment

(img)http://www.URLtothepicture.com/mypic.jpg(/img)

replace the brackets with the square ones.
      "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

I sometimes cut & paste the image directly into the reply screen.

EDIT: Hmmm. Come to think of it I might only have cut & pasted text into the reply screen
        Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut
          if you attach more than one picture they are shown as a text links, if you attach just one picture it's displayed.
          I uploaded the image with the file attachment option, but it didn't display the image. There was only one file attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
            (img)http://www.URLtothepicture.com/mypic.jpg(/img)

replace the brackets with the square ones.
            So does that mean that the file attach option is useless? I have to have the image somewhere on the internet, and then link it in my post?

Comment

Martin - What type of file was it? Only gif or jpeg images are allowed. Also there are size limitations.
              "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Oh if you don't have it on webspace then upload it as an attachment, then copy the link you see in the post, edit your post and put that link in for the URL of between the IMG tags.
                "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X