The Dirty Dozen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dirty Dozen...

No...not the movie. My marriage. Just celebrated 12 years of marriage. A nice low-key, and relaxed day...unlike much of the marriage...LoL.

But seriously folks, my hat's off to the woman who can (has) put up with me for that long without going completely
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

12 years?!

That's not natural is it?

Congrats .
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ
      12 years?!

That's not natural is it?
      Considering how much gaming I've gotten away with over that time...I guess it isn't...
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Hello,

12 years of marriage? Geez, congratulations! You know...I have been married to a lovely woman for a bit more than 15 years...yeah, I do know how you feel...

PS. I am married to my computer!

Cheers,
        Dan
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Congratulation.
          Not sure if mariage is something for me.

La Palice.
          Monsieur de La Palice est mort
          Mort devant Pavie.
          Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
          Il était encore en vie...

Comment

I gave up after 10 years

Too hard to stand

I'm an happy bachelor

Der WanderFreeAndHappy
            The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
            JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
            The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

12 years is pretty cool. I've made it through 28 so far
              And we are here as on a darkling plain
              Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
              Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Hey! Congrats James.
                Anybody who can stay married that long deserves praise.
                Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Well...like they say "Marriage is a wonderful institution."

...and they even provide you with these nice, long-sleeved, buckle-cuffed sweaters...

Brevet deserves some kudos for 28 years. Wow...I hope I live that long...

Comment

Last summer, my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary and the whole family
                    (4 boys, 2 girls and 26 grandkids) gathered at my sister's house in Montreal and had a huge bash.

It was the first time in 19 years the siblings had all been together.

Pretty cool.
                    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

26 years together, 21 married. First saw her Summer of '73 and it was love at first sight ( for me!).
                      We worked in the same place but I was too shy to ask her out.
                      I left there 20 May 1977. Ten minutes before I was due to walk out the door for the last time I saw her in the corridor alone. Well it was 'now or never' so I asked her out and we have been together since.
                      http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Now...that's romantic. I just thought my wife looked hot in a black dress, red heels and scarf as she was walking out the door to my sister's apartment...

Comment

I met wife at a softball game. She thought I had "cute knees".

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Congratulations Jamiam, and Kudos to Wolfe and Brevet and the other long-timers. I am just out of my first year myself, with high hopes for a long run.
                            ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
                            -the Firesign Theatre

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                              Congratulations Jamiam, and Kudos to Wolfe and Brevet and the other long-timers. I am just out of my first year myself, with high hopes for a long run.
                              It helps a lot if you laugh together. If she likes your sig line; you'll do fine. It cracks me up every time I see it.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X