Pokemon Go Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon Go Poll

And now for something completely different.
    I play Pokemon Go.
    0.00%
    I know an adult who plays Pokemon Go but I don't.
    24.00%
    Pokemon? Pfft, Magic The Gathering is better.
    16.00%
    Poke-what?
    60.00%
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Not that I've ever played Magic: The Gathering, but there wasn't a "I know what it is but am completely uninterested" option, so I picked 3.

It's an interesting development in gaming. I've read about some rough areas, like people getting injured or worse by playing like an idiot. I've also read about some cool results, like the dog adoption facility that rented out dogs to walk while playing and ended up raising enough money to waive adoption fees for a while, then losing the income stream because they were able to adopt out all of their dogs.

I've never seen anyone playing, but I probably can't disinguish between someone playing and someone who simply has their nose buried in their phone.

Comment

MTG for live. But yeah i know people older than me that play it.
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by NoPref View Post
        Not that I've ever played Magic: The Gathering, but there wasn't a "I know what it is but am completely uninterested" option, so I picked 3.

It's an interesting development in gaming. I've read about some rough areas, like people getting injured or worse by playing like an idiot. I've also read about some cool results, like the dog adoption facility that rented out dogs to walk while playing and ended up raising enough money to waive adoption fees for a while, then losing the income stream because they were able to adopt out all of their dogs.

I've never seen anyone playing, but I probably can't disinguish between someone playing and someone who simply has their nose buried in their phone.
        Those idiots are idiots no matter what. And as for the kids. Growing up we played out side. I crashed my bike in to a side walk flew over it in to a thorn bush. Out side play is dangouris but i think it is good. So what if the soccer ball iz replaced with a phone. Kids are out side socializing.
        you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I know what Pokémon is / was since the original was very popular when my son was growing up.

But, the current version is for people who are physically in their late teens and adults, but are still about eight years old intellectually.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-cen...lay-pokemon-go

That is the assinity of the current version...

Comment

game for children.

Do you play it?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
              Those idiots are idiots no matter what. And as for the kids. Growing up we played out side. I crashed my bike in to a side walk flew over it in to a thorn bush. Out side play is dangouris but i think it is good. So what if the soccer ball iz replaced with a phone. Kids are out side socializing.
              Remember crashing my bike and ending up with a badly grazed knee. A householder came out and brought me inside where his wife washed the blood off, applied elastoplast and gave me a cup of tea and a bun. He was a German who kept goal for Manchester City. In those days even first Division soccer players were not millionaire megastars - if that happened today the kid involved would be able to sell the story to the press or have it trending on facebook or twitter. Things have certainly changed and you don't get as much exercise with a phone
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

http://gizmodo.com/on-wikipedia-poke...ibl-1784651888
                Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

ARGH! Pokemon Go!

The rise in 'suspicious activity' calls because carloads of college students are driving around to people's yards at 1am chasing pokemon. The one moron that tried to combine Pokemon Go with his dope buying.....I guess there were some good ones in that part of town.....yep....he got stabbed by a drug dealer.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    Remember crashing my bike and ending up with a badly grazed knee. A householder came out and brought me inside where his wife washed the blood off, applied elastoplast and gave me a cup of tea and a bun. He was a German who kept goal for Manchester City. In those days even first Division soccer players were not millionaire megastars - if that happened today the kid involved would be able to sell the story to the press or have it trending on facebook or twitter. Things have certainly changed and you don't get as much exercise with a phone
                    today the cops will arrest them because a adult touch your leg tenderly (or not you know new world)

But yes kids are meant to play outside or at least play socially. So I support Pokémon Go even if I wont play it.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                      ARGH! Pokemon Go!

The rise in 'suspicious activity' calls because carloads of college students are driving around to people's yards at 1am chasing pokemon. The one moron that tried to combine Pokemon Go with his dope buying.....I guess there were some good ones in that part of town.....yep....he got stabbed by a drug dealer.
                      first one is a issue second one. Well he should not of tried to steal his deals Pokémon

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Iran has just banned Pokémon Go "on grounds of security" and a Saudi cleric has issued a fatwa against it for containing unholy images - mind you Saudi clerics seem to work on the principle that if anything is proving enjoyable it must ipso facto be sinful. Not unlike some wee frees in that respect!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                          Iran has just banned Pokémon Go "on grounds of security" and a Saudi cleric has issued a fatwa against it for containing unholy images - mind you Saudi clerics seem to work on the principle that if anything is proving enjoyable it must ipso facto be sinful. Not unlike some wee frees in that respect!
                          Yea, I guess they don't want anything to rival the good, time honored stoning and beheading contests.
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

It's pretty crazy how many adults are addicted to this pointless game. It's another example of people getting into things just because it's trendy. Eventually it'll be replaced by something else.

I guess the bright side is it's at least getting kids, who may otherwise be glued to their Xbox, out of the house.
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I am 28 and amazed by the number of friends I have that are my age and older who play this absurdly stupid game. It's truly depressing. What's next? 30 year olds playing with Barbie dolls? Pokemon was something that was cool when I was back in middle school, I don't see why grown adults are playing this game

Should I regress and go back to playing with legos and toy soldiers? Am I doing something wrong with my life? I don't get it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X