replied
    Fine Scale Modeler
    American Association of Petroleum Geologists: Explorer and Bulletin
    Society of Exploration Geophysicists: The Leading Edge
    Houston Geological Society: Bulletin

Leave a comment:

• Jose50
    replied
    My wife and I tend to go with trade mags such as N.E. Antique Journal, NHAD, MAD and various periodicals pertaining to recent auctions.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    I'm afraid some of mine are a tad obscure to many - for example Durbar - the Indian Military Historical Society

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    I still get medical journals from time to time, depending on which subscription list they look at. JAMA and JAAPA.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF1987
    replied
    I don't subscribe to magazines anymore since I had to cut costs when I got laid off, I used to subscribe to Military History, Military Heritage, WWII, and Armchair General. I never subscribed to Strategy & Tactics but it's always been a favorite of mine as well.

Every so often though I will go down to my local Barnes & Noble and check out some magazines, maybe buy a few if they look interesting. Quite frankly I am surprised that more of these magazines don't move towards an e-viewing/online subscription.

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    Given that some serious bulletins are quarterly - monthly consumption is a little misleading
    Understood. That's why I split type vs frequency in the poll. I get Military History Quarterly and occasionally Modern War, a bi-monthly.

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Popular Science, American Rifleman, Smithsonian. Used to do National Geographic but they got too political for my liking...

Leave a comment:

• Biscuit
    replied
    I give the Navy Reserve magazine a quick look for pictures to hang in my classroom, but sometimes they end up in a pile and do several months at once. I rarely read the American Legion magazine, and can't even tell you how often it comes. The volume of mail I get is overwhelming, so I start with one quick review and throw anything that doesn't look essential to maintain my credit, pay my bills, or stay on top of my health insurance. Its rare that anything in the mailbox is a welcome sight.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Given that some serious bulletins are quarterly - monthly consumption is a little misleading

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I get many magazines a month by subscription. The oldest subscriptions I have are to Armor Magazine and Strategy and Tactics. I get several magazines over the counter as well. Some come monthly, some are bi-monthly and a couple are quarterly! I really like my Medieval Warfare and Ancient Warfare. I get them from the Netherlands. I also get an interesting one called Ancient Americans. Some issues are better than others! I get about five or six from History Net.

The bad news is I don't throw any away!

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I purchase six model railroading magazines per month. The two most important, which I purchase by subscription, are The Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette, and N Scale. The latter is devoted entirely to the scale in which I work 1:160. The other contain articles and photographs of interest which I keep for reference usage.

The only bookstore in the Canon City-Florence area does not carry ACG. Probably waaay to cerebral for the locals, who prefer Guns and Ammo.

I do my historical and other non-fiction reading through the local libraries.

The covers, BTW, are of actual layouts and models.
    That trestle bridge looks great!

http://mashable.com/2015/10/29/railr.../#xqrsbi.1skqM

Leave a comment:

• Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    I glance through my association newsletter, which is an a magazine format and a dozen pages long. I get three professional periodicals my agency pays for.

Otherwise, it has been years since I had a magazine subscription. I don't even get the newspaper anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Military history

WWII

News Mag if something catches my eye.

German automobile club

Leave a comment:

• jeffdoorgunnr
    replied
    Originally posted by skiplc View Post
    I leafed through some magazine at the VA last year (or two years ago) and, I think FDR was man of the year.
    The only magazine I read and get in my mail.................VFW

Leave a comment:

• skiplc
    replied
    I leafed through some magazine at the VA last year (or two years ago) and, I think FDR was man of the year.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X