Freedom of speech vs peace and quiet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom of speech vs peace and quiet.

I took my folks to the doctors office and while waiting I had to listen to a liberal preach politics. Now I just moved to the farthest away seat and endured it rather than objecting like I should've. Being a captive audience really ticked me off.

Can we make a new social rule, no preaching in the waiting room???

GD liberals just can't stfu and let someone in peace...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

You should have asked this jack off some questions that would have enraged him or her. The result would be either he'd storm off mad or get himself arrested...

Comment

Seems to me this is a door that swings both ways. It certainly isn't a phenomena that only applies to libs. I've seen conservatives do the same thing. It isn't a matter of free speech, it is a matter of common courtesy.

Regards,
      Dennis
      If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        I took my folks to the doctors office and while waiting I had to listen to a liberal preach politics. Now I just moved to the farthest away seat and endured it rather than objecting like I should've. Being a captive audience really ticked me off.

You just sat there and put up with it? YOU?!!

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
          Seems to me this is a door that swings both ways. It certainly isn't a phenomena that only applies to libs. I've seen conservatives do the same thing. It isn't a matter of free speech, it is a matter of common courtesy.

Regards,
          Dennis
          A dying concept my friend
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            You just sat there and put up with it? YOU?!!
            He didn't have his guns with him.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
              You should have asked this jack off some questions that would have enraged him or her. The result would be either he'd storm off mad or get himself arrested...
              It seldom fails.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I will not engage the enemy without a good reason. And good prospect for substantial gain.
                Last edited by Bwaha; 11 May 16, 16:15.
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I will not engage the enemy without a good reason. And good prospect for substantial gain.
                  You had a good reason, and freedom of speech allows you to comment on boorish behavior by others.

I do it frequently when my dinner with Pax in a restaurant is spoiled by some motor mouth with a cellphone who keeps shouting at some deaf person on the other end.

What have I got to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    You had a good reason, and freedom of speech allows you to comment on boorish behavior by others.

I do it frequently when my dinner with Pax in a restaurant is spoiled by some motor mouth with a cellphone who keeps shouting at some deaf person on the other end.

What have I got to lose?
                    The medical costs of having a cell phone removed from one's gullet?
                    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

You have the right to remain silent. If you require assistance...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        The medical costs of having a cell phone removed from one's gullet?
                        You would think so, but given that geriatric old farts are known to carry firearms induces a element of caution in such matters.

We recently had a young musilm find that out the hard way when dealing with an elderly lady who was a bit hard of hearing. Her whispered comment on his ancestry was heard all the way across the room.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Either that person was doing his/her party member job or he/she doesn't have internet at home and felt a huge urge to discuss politics with people.

Comment

This is hardly something unique to liberals... or have you never had Jehovah Witnesses come to your door or republican candidates hit you with robocalls?

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                              This is hardly something unique to liberals... or have you never had Jehovah Witnesses come to your door or republican candidates hit you with robocalls?
                              Maybe he is a JW?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X