Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum wage by country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Cough. cough. No wonder why people are coming here.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

This must be compared to cost pf living. 1Usd can go far in some countries.
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      This must be compared to cost pf living. 1Usd can go far in some countries.
      Even a national figure is misleading. For example cost of housing and transport in London is massively greater than this in say most parts of Wales.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

As for Australia : about a year ago the Australian dollar was close to parity with the US dollar. Currently you can buy 1 AUD for 75 cents US.

Different cities within Australia have different prices for food, public transport etc. Darwin is the most expensive because it's relatively remote. Sydney, the biggest city, is next because of supply and demand.

Tuesday's budget showed increasing taxes on cigarettes will see them being priced at $$40 per (20) pack by 2020.

My local bottle shop sells whisky for about $40 per 700 ml bottle.
        The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Cough. cough. No wonder why people are coming here.

No because every Democrap keeps promising free stuff if they get here.
          Are we there yet?

Comment

As mentioned in other threads, one area where there may be a "work around" regarding "minimum wage jobs";
            KFC opens futuristic restaurant run by ROBOTS called Dumi in Shanghai

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-Shanghai.html
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
            “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
            Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              As mentioned in other threads, one area where there may be a "work around" regarding "minimum wage jobs";
              KFC opens futuristic restaurant run by ROBOTS called Dumi in Shanghai

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-Shanghai.html
              Automation - yawn - so what's new? Been going on since 1781. The Luddites got pissed off about it. would you rather have slaves or machines? Grow up and join the modern world.
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Automation - yawn - so what's new? Been going on since 1781. The Luddites got pissed off about it. would you rather have slaves or machines? Grow up and join the modern world.
                I'd rather have a bot handle food than a ticked off tween. I used to manage a 'taco hell' and those kids were something else...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Where did I say I don't accept this, or object?

I thought that post was a rather neutral statement of fact, with no subjective endorsement or rejection.

Wish there were an award for the most off-base interpretation/mis-read/faulty assessment of post to give you on this. A red/neg pip might apply, but I try to only give those in response to ones received.

Try directing this sort of 'fawlty' thinking towards those whom advocate for fast food workers getting $15.00/hour or similar foolishness.
                  TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                  “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz
                  Present Current Events are the Future's History

Comment

Is this were we got the word Sabot from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabot_(shoe)
                    Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dano View Post
                      Is this were we got the word Sabot from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabot_(shoe)
                      The word your looking for is sabotage. Initially the act of tossing your wooden shoe into the wooden gears to muck up the works.
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X