Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with Jennifer Aniston's World's Most Beautiful Woman win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with Jennifer Aniston's World's Most Beautiful Woman win?

Are we not ethno-centric? People's Magazine named Jennifer Anniston as the most beautiful woman in the world? Really?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/be...iful-Woman-win

Here is a New Zealand blog article. I guess not only me, as Asian American have a problem with this article, but in Pacific; I think they should too.

Please, did they do any survey in China or India at all? That accounts for 2.6 billion people out of 7 billion world population. There are so many beautiful Bollywood Actress who were Miss India; to many to name. For China, there are a few; Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, Zhao Wei, Fan Bingbing to name a few. From Korea, Kim He Seon and Lee Young Ae. Former Miss Japan Norika Fujiwara. Eva Green and Sophie Merceau are much prettier in my opinion.

OK, I've got my USA bashing for the week. If they just said she is the most beautiful in the USA. I would not have a problem with this article.
    Nice is heavy on my mind.
    I pray and wish the best for France.

That's just stupid pop culture. I don't think she's even cute.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      That's just stupid pop culture. I don't think she's even cute.
      I agree.
      "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by MSGT MSC USAR View Post
        Are we not ethno-centric? People's Magazine named Jennifer Anniston as the most beautiful woman in the world? Really?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/be...iful-Woman-win

Here is a New Zealand blog article. I guess not only me, as Asian American have a problem with this article, but in Pacific; I think they should too.

Please, did they do any survey in China or India at all? That accounts for 2.6 billion people out of 7 billion world population. There are so many beautiful Bollywood Actress who were Miss India; to many to name. For China, there are a few; Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li, Zhao Wei, Fan Bingbing to name a few. From Korea, Kim He Seon and Lee Young Ae. Former Miss Japan Norika Fujiwara. Eva Green and Sophie Merceau are much prettier in my opinion.

OK, I've got my USA bashing for the week. If they just said she is the most beautiful in the USA. I would not have a problem with this article.
        I like Song Hae Gyo (of Winter Sonata)
        "We have no white flag."

Comment

This makes twice she has won this "honor". The last time was 12 years ago. I think she is cute, but two other women on "Friends" were better looking to me. I got burned out on "Jen" when she and Brad Pitt a couple. Since Brad as admitted that he is Herpes positive, where does this leave Jen?

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
            This makes twice she has won this "honor". The last time was 12 years ago.
            She won one from another publication a few years ago. There was a long running thread here.

I think she is cute, but two other women on "Friends" were better looking to me.
            The other two did not start a hair revolution. Anyone remember what teenage horror movies she acted in?

I got burned out on "Jen" when she and Brad Pitt a couple. Since Brad as admitted that he is Herpes positive, where does this leave Jen?
            Dating Charlie Sheen?
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Uh being a skank?

Dating one of the hollyweird seems to me a certain path to stds...
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                Uh being a skank?
                She is far far far from that.

Dating one of the hollyweird seems to me a certain path to stds...
                Did Ronald and Nancy Reagan have STDs?
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I started a thread here a couple of years ago about Jennifer Aniston being voted the most beautiful woman in the world and the general consensus on here was that she was pretty but no where near the most beautiful.

A lot of these lists has to do with marketing more than who is more deserving. You will find the most beautiful women in the world happen to be the ones making the most movies at that time.

I find Filipino women to be the most gorgeous in the world.
                  When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.
                  ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                    Did Ronald and Nancy Reagan have STDs?
                    Actually it was quite possible. They tried to blame Ronnie's mental issues on Alzheimers. Lots of STD's back then were untreatable. One rumor I heard a while back is JFK had Chlamydia. That did not get an effective treatment until recent times. People thought it was non-treatable Gonnorhea.

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Physical 'beauty' is impossible to appraise without some sort of personal/subjective/irrational bias(es) - period.

Comment

PERIOD.
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I've been looking at beautiful women all my life. But yes, it is subjective. I once even served as a judge in a Beauty Pagent to pick Ms. Tet of 1990 or 91. The contestants included a big blond American woman, a Miss "Japan" (full Japanese-American), a Miss Mexico (half Vietnamese half Mexican), a Miss Germany (half German-half Vietnamese), and a Miss Poland (yes, half and half) a Miss Laos (all Lao), a Miss Korea (half and half) and (Ta-Da) a Miss Vietnam.

The judging panel consisted of two Vietnamese women entertainers, an American women who owned a modeling school in Charlotte, NC, and myself, recruited because I arrived early and didn't even know they had a beauty contest. The American woman and myself tried to get with the Vietnamese judges and agree on some system for picking a winner. They were having none of it. So she and I got together and came up with a beauty, presentation, poise, public persona, and educational level.

When the competition started, the emcee was not interested in our judging criteria. But we stood up and announced our unanimous support for Miss Japan as Miss Tet based upon those criteria and the fact she was a student of Dentistry at some known university in South Carolina. So the Vietnamese side fell in line. Then came second place. My co-judge and I were split over Ms. Laos and Ms. Korea. The two Vietnamese judges argued that since we had picked a non-Vietnamese to be Ms. Tet, number two had to be Vietnamese. So, number two went to her over our protest. Then came third place. My cohort and I proposed Ms. Korea, and she was rejected by the Vietnamese side for the sol crime of being Korean ("very bad people"). So we went with Ms. Laos for 3rd place (second runner up). The Vietnamese said that since Ms. Vietnam was #2, someone else should be #3. But this time the EmCee decided to settle the issue by himself by announcing that Miss USA was second runner up based upon the fact that everyone was in America, so it was the patriotic thing to do.

So there you have it. Inside a once in a lifetime to see "beauty" judged up close and personal. Oh, by the way, Ms. "Japan" would probably have taken 1st place in any fairly judged beauty competition. She received a $1,000 scholarship for her efforts.
                          dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

Comment

Originally posted by Checkertail20 View Post
                            I started a thread here a couple of years ago about Jennifer Aniston being voted the most beautiful woman in the world and the general consensus on here was that she was pretty but no where near the most beautiful.

A lot of these lists has to do with marketing more than who is more deserving. You will find the most beautiful women in the world happen to be the ones making the most movies at that time.

I find Filipino women to be the most gorgeous in the world.
                            I agree! And it's worldwide, too, according to the Miss U pageant.
                            "We have no white flag."

Comment

Nuff said

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X