Al Jazeera America Stops Broadcasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Jazeera America Stops Broadcasting

Got the message on our DISH this morning when I tried to tune in on news from Syria.

Makes me wonder - voluntary due to ratings or costs, or involuntary due to their bias.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Got the message on our DISH this morning when I tried to tune in on news from Syria.

Makes me wonder - voluntary due to ratings or costs, or involuntary due to their bias.
    Ever try Google?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/22/medi...at-went-wrong/
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

"They have ceased all operations in the US".

Something is going on.

Comment

Viewing figures for Al Jazeera were very poor in the United States, only a regular audience of about 12,000. The Channel is cutting back on its broadcast, they are no longer on Freeview in the United Kingdom.
        War is less costly than servitude

Comment

AJ is one of few that prefers reporting news with out opinion tossed in.

Comment

Probably something to do with wicked acountants and bank managers
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Kendrick View Post
              Viewing figures for Al Jazeera were very poor in the United States, only a regular audience of about 12,000. The Channel is cutting back on its broadcast, they are no longer on Freeview in the United Kingdom.
              Thanks for the info, Kendrick. Too bad, because they did a good job of reporting the details in the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Comment

Simple economics of supply and demand regardless of the politics involved. They dropped operations because too few people were watching it.
                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
                  Simple economics of supply and demand regardless of the politics involved. They dropped operations because too few people were watching it.
                  Leaving us with the American news as pop entertainment.

BBCA is still going, but only once a day in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I am pretty sure it had to do with money.
                    “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                    ― Groucho Marx

Comment

I watched these guys while in Turkey a month ago....some interesting stuff on lots of open subjects and no propoganda ,unlike CNN who are kind of slanted to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                        I watched these guys while in Turkey a month ago....some interesting stuff on lots of open subjects and no propoganda ,unlike CNN who are kind of slanted to say the least
                        I quit watching CNN years ago. They've become a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                          Phil Gibson drew me to watch AJ with preconceived opinions. I was pleasantly surprised that they reported like an "old fashion" news program. Facts, no talking heads and little if any opinion. Very possibly one of the best news channels that we now have.

Comment

The country is extremely prejudiced against anything with Arabic roots.

So they screwed themselves into the ground from the outset by having an Arabic name. The main audience was probably Arabic-speaking expats of Middle Eastern descent living in USA.

If the channel was called "Panorama News" or something, the outcome could have been different.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                            --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I think you're right about that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X