beautiful Bugatti t51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beautiful Bugatti t51

You all know this episode of J.Leno's garage ,but just for the pleasure of the ears...

That rug really tied the room together

Sweet
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The Italians have a real feel for turning metal into beautiful form and function.

Comment

Indeed.
        Especially when it is a French brand
        Created by an Italian guy,have to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
          Indeed.
          Then it is doubly beautiful, but I remember that the classiest Citroen sedan ever tuned out in France had bodywork by Masseratti.

Comment

Citroen design engineers for the bodywork and Maserati V8 minus 2 pistons for the motor .
            But you are correct otherwise.
            A total masterpiece.There are some on the roads on sunny Sundays and they are gorgeous.When they lift on their pneumatic suspensions...Waaaa...

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
              Indeed.
              For Italian beauty, I've always been partial to the Dino 240 GTS.

But then again, why not just go for the ride that Enzo himself called "the most beautiful car ever made"?

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Enzo may have been right. Shares a lot with the XKE
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I enjoy watching Leno's Garage episodes. I found this one fascinating:

I know it's not related to Bugatti but it's interesting to see the ideas people had before the government made real innovation in the auto industry nearly impossible.

As an interesting aside that has relationship to this board in general, one of Abner Doble's engineers, Nathan Pierce, went to work for Lockheed and proposed a jet fighter, the L-133, in 1939 but the USAAC was uninterested and the design languished until WW 2 and German and British jets renewed interest in it.

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 06 Apr 16, 14:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Enzo may have been right. Shares a lot with the XKE
                    It is the XKE: "XKE" was just the designation used for the US market.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Pour vous, Seb :

Bugatti 100P

First Flight

One should go to Airventure Oshkosh someday, place is great and Oshkosh during the flyin is awesome.

Bugatti 100P Courtesy of Air and Space
                      Last edited by boomer400; 07 Apr 16, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

As an interesting aside that has relationship to this board in general, one of Abner Doble's engineers, Nathan Pierce, went to work for Lockheed and proposed a jet fighter, the L-133, in 1939 but the USAAC was uninterested and the design languished until WW 2 and German and British jets renewed interest in it.

There's a Lockheed engine, the J37 / L1000, that's at Planes of Fame in Chino. Price actually worked on the L1000 jet engine and had already worked on earlier jet engine design pre-war which the War Dept was uninterested in. Kelly Johnson was the one who imagined and worked on the L133 which was going to be powered by the L1000s. I never even knew about the L1000s until I visited Plane of Fames many years ago. They got some great stuff there even the Vought V-173.
                        Last edited by boomer400; 07 Apr 16, 12:50.

Comment

If you go to the French Automotive Museum in Mulhouse France you will find a lot of Bugatti's...The Schlup bother collected them over the years...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X