Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Book of islam play, by the producers South Park, Parker & Stone of South Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book of islam play, by the producers South Park, Parker & Stone of South Park

The Book of islam play, by Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park fame coming to a theater near you!

Or maybe not.

Last weekend I went with my wife to see The Book of Mormon play by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, who are the producers of South Park.

The play was hilarious.

As I left the theater I though you couldn't have a play called "The Book of Islam" that took the same satirical slant as the Book of Mormon. You would have blood in the streets.

We don't fear Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints terrorists groups attacking the playhouse. There is no call by the leaders of the Mormons to kill the producers of Book of Mormon.

Imagine what would happen if there was a play like The Book of islam with the same treatment of Book of Mormon the play.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Well, they're going to get to find out what it is to have a Fatwa sentencing them to death for heresy feels like...

Not that they probably care...

Comment

They showed Mohammed on a South Park episode before 9/11 not like now where almost all the entertainment networks and most news outlets are now too frightened to show most things that fragile Muslims would murder over.
      Last edited by VinceW; 04 Apr 16, 21:55.

Comment

They showed Muhammed alongside other major religious figures before 9/11 and there was literally no outcry by anyone, Muslim or otherwise. Nobody cared since, hey, it was a cartoon and it was mocking everyone.

When South Park tried to do so again, they made a 3-episode arc about how spineless the media was in defending freedom of speech by refusing to air an image of the Prophet Mo' being all offensive by just standing still and existing.

To be honest, I don't think a Book of Islam would work, either, since the South Park boys have had a pretty positive representation of Mormon's in a normally pretty caustic show.

While they mock the pretty silly founding story of the Mormon faith (dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum) they represent Mormons as a nice, honest, and very family-oriented people who stand in stark contrast to the selfish and shallow American people. There's some love there beneath the mockery.

With Islam? There's not much to go on there. You really can't play up the good natured naivety and ignorance. There's an elephant in the room when discussing Islam... and it's an elephant rigged to explode.

Comment

Seriously? The creators of a trashy cartoon series are molding public opinion in America, and perhaps the world?

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Seriously? The creators of a trashy cartoon series are molding public opinion in America, and perhaps the world?

Who else is going to bother?

It is just more proof of how spineless and pathetic the half-dozen of so people that control the media are in the face of an actual threat.

All they can do is attack the one thing that nobody is defending; Western culture.
            And, honestly, with no defenders it can only be a matter of time before it ceases to exist.
            Buh-bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Seriously? The creators of a trashy cartoon series are molding public opinion in America, and perhaps the world?

We could only hope because often (but not always), their satire is biting, on point and fairly even handed.

Comment

Originally posted by lynelhutz View Post
                We could only hope because often (but not always), their satire is biting, on point and fairly even handed.
                If so, it never showed up in their programming. What I saw was just racist, bigoted trash.

Not even decent cartoon animation. More like Beavis and Butthead.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X