Good job it wasn't a library book! Ooook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job it wasn't a library book! Ooook

Guy arrested and cuffed for not returning a rental video. Desperate people in S Carolina. What happens if your library book is overdue - a SWAT team at your door?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35899697
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

No the librarian comes for you...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Anybody remember the short story about the guy who is late returning a library book and ends up getting executed because the computers have a death grip* on the system? (The book was Kidnapped.)

*Get it? "Death grip"? Gawd, I crack me up!
      Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
      Hyperwar, Whats New
      World War II Resources
      The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
        Anybody remember the short story about the guy who is late returning a library book and ends up getting executed because the computers have a death grip* on the system? (The book was Kidnapped.)

*Get it? "Death grip"? Gawd, I crack me up!
        Hmmm...less coffee...more fiber...
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Well, he lucked out... His accuser "died" of sorts before the case came to court. Therefore, there's no one to prove he actually rented the movie... Got off on a technicality...

In 2002, Mr Meyers rented the comedy Freddie Got Fingered from J&J's Video, which has since closed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X