Going to Europe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Europe???

The dollar's up, the Euro and Sterling are down, and oil's in the toilet, so I says to Mrs Slick, "let's to to Europe." I'm partial to the Isle of Man in June, but the kids are still in school, and what with the Gunners going to Oz this summer, that renders the UK's only worthwhile attraction her perverts. I'm partial to all suggestions that will satisfy a Jock raised by Jews in a slum married to a Joisey girl with pretensions of Mayflower-hood -- and two children, of course.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    The dollar's up, the Euro and Sterling are down, and oil's in the toilet, so I says to Mrs Slick, "let's to to Europe." I'm partial to the Isle of Man in June, but the kids are still in school, and what with the Gunners going to Oz this summer, that renders the UK's only worthwhile attraction her perverts. I'm partial to all suggestions that will satisfy a Jock raised by Jews in a slum married to a Joisey girl with pretensions of Mayflower-hood -- and two children, of course.

No more than a couple of days in London. See the tower. Take a trip down the river. See HMS Belfast. See the Imperial War Museum. Let your Mrs go mad shopping.

Then drag your skinny arse to Leeds I'll buy you a pint or three. Your Mrs can go shopping again and your kids can run round the Tower Armoury getting off their tits on English chocolate.

If you cant get out of the London area let me know when your coming and I'll fake an "urgent operational need" for work to pay for my hotel in the smoke and we can do the drinking there. be warned though the prices in London,, low dollar or not will make your bloody eyes water.
    "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Visit Edinburgh, and understand why the indy campaign won't go away.

I'd suggest Faslane, but they discourage visitors.

Seriously, Edinburgh (and a side-trip across the Forth to Dunfermline Abbey - last resting-place of Robert I) and Glasgow (You can spend a day in the Hunterian and Kelvingrove museums alone) are well worth a visit, but most of Scotland is lousy with History.

Oh, and if you're into that kind of thing, the Museum of Flight at East Fortune (spitting distance from Edinburgh), and Deep Sea World at North Queensferry (1st Exit after the Forth Road Bridge) with the longest undersea tunnel in Europe, can keep the whole family entertained.
      Last edited by the ace; 11 Mar 16, 17:33.
      Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Boooohh!
        Come to visit me and taste the real life !
        Darkplace 's program is nothing more than booze for the boys and money spending for da girls...
        Come on to share the life here in da Muslims paradise ,since it is what the Muricans say it is so ,hehe ..
        Last edited by sebfrench76; 11 Mar 16, 17:33.
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Wow. English and Scots competing for my patronage. Since the ancient Slicks hailed from Pittenweem, Armagh, London's East End, and some unnamed spot in Wales, I'm open to most anything.
          Last edited by slick_miester; 11 Mar 16, 18:04.

Comment

Wow. English and Scots competing for my patronage. Since the ancient Slicks hailed from Pittenweem, Armagh, London's East End, and some unnamed spotnin Wales, I'm open to most anything.
            The Fife coast has some beautiful beaches, and too many attractions to list among its fishing-villages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittenweem
            Last edited by the ace; 11 Mar 16, 17:40.
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Edinburgh is a must. Also, Stirling Castle is a good stop on the way to the western Highlands. it has the Argylls museum. If you like hillwalking (hiking), make sure you get to Ft William and Ben Nevis. Ft George, outside of Inverness, and near Culloden, is a great old fort. It also has the regimental museum of The Highlanders Regiment. Perth is the home to the Black Watch museum and Scone Palace.

Comment

^ Leave it to a Septic to bring the best ideas. 'Most anything in the British Isles will interest me and my boy: Stonehenge, Duxford, the Globe, Stamford Bridge Speyside distilleries . . . . . It's the lasses that leave me at a loss. They're neither history buffs, football hooligans, nor drunkards. What would a British bird recommend for her American counterparts?

Comment

Seb: we've got Muslims here up the ying yang. When they first arrive their most fascinating characteristic is their aroma. After a shower, their food is pretty good: there are several good Yemeni and Syrian restaurants near here. Therefore, France will have to offer something else. There was an ancient Slick from France, perhaps from Normandy: would love to see Normandy. I'll look later: my cousin's database has the name of his town.

I'll have to go to Essex: Colchester reputedly reeks of history, predating the Romans -- and Gary rests nearby. Have to see Gary.

Comment

Portsmouth for the navy and museum ships.
                    Bath and York are supposed to be great.
                    Rannoch Moor near Glen Coe (on the way to Ft William) is one of the most starkly beautiful places that I have ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                      Rannoch Moor near Glen Coe (on the way to Ft William) is one of the most starkly beautiful places that I have ever been.
                      Bearing in mind that you're from Detroit. Rimshot

Comment

Bearing in mind that you're from Detroit. Rimshot
                        Not everyone can live in Brooklyn (thank God).

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...or&FORM=HDRSC2

Comment

Make sure she has her burka with her...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Make sure she has her burka with her...
                            Hahaha!This one is sooo good !
                            I 'll be able to lend her one of my multiple wive's ones if she forget hers.
                            That rug really tied the room together

Comment

What sort of price are thinking of and what's your duration?
                              "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X