Coast Guard...here I come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast Guard...here I come!

I've decided to join the US Coast Guard. I just submitted my application this morning.

Two things led me to this decision. My respect for a close family friend who was in the US military. And my excellent swimming skills would come in handy. I have surfed in some of the roughest waters and lived to tell about it.

Anyone have any tips for me?

These little tips from the good people at Duffel Blog should help with your transition.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

The CG isn't the military. The puddle pirates come under Homeland Security.

Still, it ought to be fun, and it won't look bad on a resume. Good luck!
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

My Dad once called the CG the 'bathtub navy' but also mentioned they pulled him out of the water twice.

...'nuff said huh?
        Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          The CG isn't the military. The puddle pirates come under Homeland Security.

Still, it ought to be fun, and it won't look bad on a resume. Good luck!

I know it's not military, but it is part of US Armed Forces. Good enough for me. Besides, CG fits my skills more than anything in military.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy Coburg View Post
            I know it's not military, but it is part of US Armed Forces. Good enough for me. Besides, CG fits my skills more than anything in military.

go for it. A very honorable service. You could have made much worse choices like being a Texan LEO.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Now dont forget....the pointy end of the boat is called "the bow", the back is "aft" and find out the difference between "a rope,a hawser,a line and a cable...and remember ..dont spit or puke into the wind.....

Fair winds and smooth sailing....

Comment

CG is always on the butt end of jokes -- but one might be more likely to see action as a Coastie -- against drug smugglers, pirates, etc -- than in any of the other branches. So the Coasties definitely get the job done too.

Originally posted by skiplc View Post
                My Dad once called the CG the 'bathtub navy' but also mentioned they pulled him out of the water twice.

...'nuff said huh?
                The United States Coast Guard: preventing Charles Darwin from improving the species since 1790.
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Thanks for signing up and putting your tail on the line.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The Navy would also be a good choice for your aquatic skills. The Coast Guard protects the homeland, both would be lucky to have you.

I wish you the best and keep us posted on your progress.
                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Congrats, the Coast Guard is a great choice!
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Tip for during basics. When they busy with blacket punshment(they will call it corrective training or some BS) dont be that guy who out sprints the group. You fail or pass as a group. So if one failes you all do. They will be testing teamwork.

If andvwhen you become sea sick. Do somthing, hiding in your bunk wont help you but if you go out side and do somthing it will help. All so eat no matter how sick you feel. I have seen some one not eat for 2 days beacause they felt sea sick pass out and get really injured.

Use all PPEs. A peace of steal wire rope hititingvand breaking off in your finger is not painful. The doctar pulling it out is.
                            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

I've decided to join the US Coast Guard. I just submitted my application this morning.

Two things led me to this decision. My respect for a close family friend who was in the US military. And my excellent swimming skills would come in handy. I have surfed in some of the roughest waters and lived to tell about it.

Anyone have any tips for me?
                              OMG you gonna get laid!! Congrats!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X