6 worst guys to see at a gun range.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 worst guys to see at a gun range.

I have only personally seen the first type, the noob, but the others don't surprise me.

http://taskandpurpose.com/6-worst-guys-see-gun-range/
    How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

One of the reasons I've got a private range.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      One of the reasons I've got a private range.
      Me, too.

Although the thing about 9mm is the truth.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I went to the range once with one lens of my glasses covered in electrical tape and the other lens missing.
        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
        Hyperwar, Whats New
        World War II Resources
        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
          Me, too.

Although the thing about 9mm is the truth.
          That applies to every cartridge. I can't count the number of times people have criticized my carry weapon as "anemic." Every handgun is a compromise and none of them are perfect. It all depends what you are using it for. In fact anything short of a battle rifle is a compromise of you ask me.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
            That applies to every cartridge. I can't count the number of times people have criticized my carry weapon as "anemic." Every handgun is a compromise and none of them are perfect. It all depends what you are using it for. In fact anything short of a battle rifle is a compromise of you ask me.
            You're wrong.

.45 ACP is what mankind was intended to carry. Accept nothing else.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Not sure if I met some of the kind, because my eyesight has deteriorated much in the course of the last 10-20 years. Guess I need more practice.
              "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

Originally posted by dmf01 View Post
                Not sure if I met some of the kind, because my eyesight has deteriorated much in the course of the last 10-20 years. Guess I need more practice.
                You just might need new glasses.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Then we have #6

The Shooter.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                    You're wrong.

.45 ACP is what mankind was intended to carry. Accept nothing else.
                    When you have the luxury of carrying a full size pistol. Unfortunately I can't get away with bringing my 1911 everywhere I go.
                    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                      When you have the luxury of carrying a full size pistol. Unfortunately I can't get away with bringing my 1911 everywhere I go.
                      My back-up is a .45 Glock Model 32. I wear it in an ankle holster.

There are no reasons, only excuses.

Comment

Well I can't bring myself to settle for a Glock but that's another issue.

My point is that really even .45 ACP is an excuse. You can do so much more with a .308. Why not carry that? All handguns are compromises.

Comment

And then there's the armourer ...

Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
                          I have only personally seen the first type, the noob, but the others don't surprise me.

http://taskandpurpose.com/6-worst-guys-see-gun-range/
                          ... and his flunkies, firing rounds through .40 SIGs "in a cavalier fashion" at a 75 Ford Granada without proper backstop... and that was the day I was almost shot in the head, and very much inclined to shoot back.
                          "I am Groot"
                          - Groot

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            You just might need new glasses.
                            Thanks for advice, but I hate glasses and never wore them. They press my nose. It isn't too bad, anyway. I can see the road signs, I can read etc, and I can use telescopic sights, too.
                            "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

Comment

Good thing ...

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
                              I went to the range once with one lens of my glasses covered in electrical tape and the other lens missing.
                              ... you were unarmed, and only watching.
                              "I am Groot"
                              - Groot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X