Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Modern" art

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Modern" art

    And now for a word from the critics -

    Warning; anger-driven foul language
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

    My question is; is there anyone that does NOT agree with this?
    Why is our tax money being used to support something so unpopular and worthless?

  • #2
    When i read "the truth about modern art " ,i know That will be a lie.
    That rug really tied the room together

    Comment


    • #3
      It's rather simple: Ask yourself when looking at such schlock, "I could do that!"

      If anyone can replicate some dork's "art" then it isn't art, it's schlock.

      Comment


      • #4
        And what about Picasso ?
        Your 5 yo child is capable to do the same .?
        Surely.
        But is he capable to paint an ultra realistic portrait of 1.50 meter high ,at the age of 8?
        Cause Picasso was capable.
        Always put art into perspective.
        That rug really tied the room together

        Comment


        • #5
          I part agree and part dont. is there a considerable amount of guff inthe art world oh most definetely. But Abstract and conceptual art have a place as well.



          This is conceptual art at a high level. The combination of symbols into something knew, a historic fortress and arsenal, the scarlet poppy as the symbol for the fallen. If your British you know these things like your mothers milk. But to combine them in this way? One poppy for each member of the British empire forces that fell in a ceramic known for its fragility literally vomiting out and filling the moat like tha land itself was bleeding? Its conceptual art at its finest.

          The main rule to me is the artist has to know how to paint or draw or sculpt, he has to have a base line of skills to draw on. Without knowing what the rules are how can you break them?
          "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
            I part agree and part dont. is there a considerable amount of guff inthe art world oh most definetely. But Abstract and conceptual art have a place as well.



            This is conceptual art at a high level. The combination of symbols into something knew, a historic fortress and arsenal, the scarlet poppy as the symbol for the fallen. If your British you know these things like your mothers milk. But to combine them in this way? One poppy for each member of the British empire forces that fell in a ceramic known for its fragility literally vomiting out and filling the moat like tha land itself was bleeding? Its conceptual art at its finest.

            The main rule to me is the artist has to know how to paint or draw or sculpt, he has to have a base line of skills to draw on. Without knowing what the rules are how can you break them?
            That I like. Never noticed the archer up in the tower before. But then we have Cristo hang cloth all over the place. Not sure about that. isn't my cup of tea. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and mine have a very narrow view.

            Drive to the nearest modern art exhibit. Take a large mirror- oval or square shaped- hold in your arms, with the mirror side facing away from you, and stand there in place. Those who've come to gawk at the modern art exhibit will look into the mirror, wondering the meaning of your masterpiece. When they ask for the title of your work of art, tell them it's called "Idiot".
            Great vid by the way but then he comes over as one of the same people he was bitching about. Elitist.

            In a town I used to live in has some strange ideas about art.

            https://www.bietigheim-bissingen.de/...es/skulpturen/

            Take a click. WTF is that cow meaning?
            Last edited by Half Pint John; 10 Feb 16, 04:32.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dali was one of the most intelligent seller of it's own art.
              A bit like the icooooonic and multi-millionaire Jeff Koons.
              Him,he is a scum for me .
              He has perfectly understood that the richest of the richest love what 's shining , and he sells to them gold-plated pieces of ****.But that's my own pov , and i must be wrong cause he's celebrated all around the world.

              But like i stated before ,there is no truth in art.
              There is truth in maths (and this has been discuted ) , but not in art.

              Personnaly , i am selling my artworks in 2 different art galleries , i am rather a figuralist , but i have a huge respect for conceptual or abstract artists , cause i know very well the price of a passion.
              That rug really tied the room together

              Comment


              • #8
                This suddenly popped up in Budapest. Incidentally, the statue is called Feltépve, which means "popped up"


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                  This suddenly popped up in Budapest. Incidentally, the statue is called Feltépve, which means "popped up"

                  I don't try to find "meaning" but I like that.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

                  Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

                  you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    It's rather simple: Ask yourself when looking at such schlock, "I could do that!"

                    If anyone can replicate some dork's "art" then it isn't art, it's schlock.
                    I tend to disagree with this simplicity. Anyone can say that he/she can draw Malevich's Black Square. But the point is to come up with unique idea, that's exactly what the artist has done.

                    But it cannot be called "modern art" - Malevich's painting is 100+ years old.
                    "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      And now for a word from the critics -

                      Warning; anger-driven foul language
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

                      My question is; is there anyone that does NOT agree with this?
                      Why is our tax money being used to support something so unpopular and worthless?
                      First Amendment - there is always going to be someone who thinks it's a worthwhile "expression".

                      This is further complicated by the fact the people today have no "taste" left anyway, being constantly subjected to a bombardment of tasteless advertising, violence, sex and profanity at every turn.

                      Consider the infamous Doritos ad from the Superbowl as just one example, and then watch an hour or so of television and pick out your own.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dmf01 View Post
                        I tend to disagree with this simplicity. Anyone can say that he/she can draw Malevich's Black Square. But the point is to come up with unique idea, that's exactly what the artist has done.

                        But it cannot be called "modern art" - Malevich's painting is 100+ years old.
                        Everyone has imagination. That doesn't mean everyone can turn things they imagined into art. If anybody can replicate some piece of "art" with no training or effort, then it wasn't art to begin with.

                        Antiquity of something is an irrelevant appeal logical fallacy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Everyone has imagination. That doesn't mean everyone can turn things they imagined into art. If anybody can replicate some piece of "art" with no training or effort, then it wasn't art to begin with.

                          Antiquity of something is an irrelevant appeal logical fallacy.
                          The fact that no-one was able to replicate Malevich's (in my example) way of thinking that resulted in his famous painting provides grounds to call this picture a work of art, IMO.
                          On the other hand, one would need elementary training to replicate it.
                          "Keep Calm. Use Less X's"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Most great artists only become so after their death. To me there is truth in art, and often some artist see and can process this truth more easily than we can. Unfortunately, we tend not to see it until it has become completely evident and judge art as crap because we see only crap.

                            That doesn't mean everything is art either. Or that you can categorize something as "art" and "not-art"...that's like trying to make it some sort of industrial product, at which point it ceases to be art immediately.
                            Wisdom is personal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Karri View Post
                              Most great artists only become so after their death. .
                              No they were great artists when they were producing their work but they were only recognised as such much later. Similarly there were many lauded and feted in their time because they were fashionable who have long since been forgotten except by a few art historians. The same will happen to some contemporary artists. Some were recognised in their day and have continued to be so long after their death. Whistler for example sold well when alive but even then made money on the side in international arms dealing (receipts for sales of sea mines to Chile can be found in the Whistler archives).
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X