What a stupid way to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a stupid way to go

Tragic but definitely dumb - guy choked to death trying to eat a cheeseburger in one mouthful to impress his mates. What a banal ending!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-35490011
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Now that is funny!
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

why am I not surprised?

1. Please inform the Darwin Award nomination committee.
      2. Is there no one in Wales who knows how to perform the Heimlich maneuver?
      3. CPR seemed to be a bit late.
      4. Upon hearing the words "Watch this" spoken by anyone who has had alcohol one should expect the worst.
      5. Inform the Darwin Award nomination committee again.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Upon a further note...
        It seems now that McDonald's corporation will have to print warning labels on their .99c cheeseburger to the effect that it may be dangerous or life-threatening to ingest said cheeseburger in one fell swoop(gulp).
        It sorta reminds me of the guy who (after saying "Watch this.) put a cue ball in his mouth and couldn't remove it. Luckily he could breathe enough through his nose to survive long enough for the paramedics to get to him.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

I can't understand why someone would go to a Mcdogfood store in the first place. That offal that they serve is so vile...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
            I can't understand why someone would go to a Mcdogfood store in the first place. That offal that they serve is so vile...
            They use a different recipe in the UK to the US - still rubbish but better tasting rubbish.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
              Now that is funny!
              Nah, pure amateur. Still has nothing on your Volkswagen guy.
              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I hope his mates were impressed then.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Could I have a large tracheotomy to go thanks?

Hold the fries.

And lots of napkins.
                  Last edited by At ease; 05 Feb 16, 05:50.
                  "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
                  "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
                  — Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

McD's. is again shown to be bad for you.
                    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                    Hyperwar, Whats New
                    World War II Resources
                    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      Oh yes deary, that awful offal is so vile.

With 32,000 stores it must be doing something others do not find so vile.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        Oh yes deary, that awful offal is so vile.

With 32,000 stores it must be doing something others do not find so vile.
                        I stop there for a cup of coffee and an order of fries. "That which does not kill us..."
                        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                        Hyperwar, Whats New
                        World War II Resources
                        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

And it is still fresh after years of sitting out

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...urgery-4940927

Two chiropractors in Michigan left a sandwich and a chicken taco on the counter of their surgery to make people think about what they are putting into their bodies

What happens when you leave a McDonald's cheeseburger unattended in the open air for two years?

The answer is nothing, really. No mould, nasty smells or ants.

It just sits there uneaten as people walk past.

The taco and the burger seem quite close to edible, thanks to preservatives
                          Two chiropractors in Waterford, Michigan, US, left the sandwich and a Taco Bell chicken taco on the counter of their surgery to see what would happen to them.

Dr Jacqueline Vaughn hopes it will make people think about what they are putting into their bodies every time they make a trip to their local fast food restaurant.

It comes just a few weeks after a similar experiment in which another man drank 10 cans of Coca-Cola a day for a month to show the effects of the sugary drink.

Over almost two years, the meals appear unchanged - apart from the cheese on the burger turning a darker brown and the taco's lettuce greying slightly.

"There's no smell from it, it's basically mummified. You can pick it up, turn it over and still see the cheese and pickle in the burger ," Dr Vaughn told MailOnline.

"Even in the summer when we get ants, the bugs won't go near it."

Dr Vaughn says she intends to leave the fast food on display "forever", although anyone expecting a dramatic transformation will most probably be disappointed.

A fresh McDonald's cheeseburger
                          Yafan Zhang, professor of food science at Wayne State University, says a preservative called calcium probinate keeps the food looking near-edible for a long time.

He told CBS the non-toxic substance is used in a range of products to keep them fresh, including bread, cakes and processed meat.

The product is safe to use and eat. Although it can sometimes cause inflammation of the stomach, it is fine unless it is eaten every day.
                          Are we there yet?

Comment

And we still maintain that we are an intelligent species?
                            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Impressive right up to the ending.
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X