Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've just been stroking Darth Vader's helmet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just been stroking Darth Vader's helmet!!!

And very nice it was too!

Went to town yesterday and bought the Dark Lord's titfer for two English pounds. To be fair I'm no big fan of star Wars, but the thought of having Himself's 'at, flanked on each side by an Imperial Stormtrooper's binlid... will make a nice display.

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

As long as you're not fondling his light saber...
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Whatever happened to Porkus?

Paul
      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
      All human ills he can subdue,
      Or with a bauble or medal
      Can win mans heart for you;
      And many a blessing know to stew
      To make a megloamaniac bright;
      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

I wonder whether Darth Vader's Asthma "puffer" will ever come up for auction. Should fetch a nice price.

Incidently, fans of Vader should well be aware that Vader's voice is provided by James Earl jones, a compelling deep baritone. Jones should have been a singer.

What a lot of people are not aware of is the actor underneath the suit. Well, bodybuilder actually, and he's a Brit called DAVID PROWSE.

If you want a look at him without his Vader suit and mask, have a look at the Kubrick movie, "A Clockwork Orange". David Prowse plays a very large bodyguard for a writer who's wife was brutally raped inside of their own house by Alex's 'droogs'.

When Alex comes a calling after being beaten up by his old pals post prison, David Prowse is the bodyguard the rich writer has hired. He's a big boy, is David, with thick horn rimmed glasses and a seventies Beatle hairstyle.

He looks a little like the Beatles long time bodyguard, Mal Evans. Same features and glasses.
        My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
        GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
        Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

dgfred... trying... not... to... post... silly... comment
          SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Darth Vader in undress uniform...

The long toll of the brave
            Is not lost in darkness
            Over the fruitful earth
            And athwart the seas
            Hath passed the light of noble deeds
            Unquenchable forever.

Comment

On the forum main page your title is abbreviated to "I've just been stroking Darth...."

Kinda raises eyebrows.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
                Darth Vader in undress uniform...

Yup, I remember him as the Green Cross Man, "Remember the Green Cross Code, because I won't be there when YOU cross the road."

They showed another actor's face when the mask came off, because he disagreed with the studio at some point before, but if they'd used his voice, Alec Guinness would've p*ss*d himself laughing.
                Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Drusus Nero View Post
                  I wonder whether Darth Vader's Asthma "puffer" will ever come up for auction. Should fetch a nice price.

Incidently, fans of Vader should well be aware that Vader's voice is provided by James Earl jones, a compelling deep baritone. Jones should have been a singer.

What a lot of people are not aware of is the actor underneath the suit. Well, bodybuilder actually, and he's a Brit called DAVID PROWSE.

If you want a look at him without his Vader suit and mask, have a look at the Kubrick movie, "A Clockwork Orange". David Prowse plays a very large bodyguard for a writer who's wife was brutally raped inside of their own house by Alex's 'droogs'.

When Alex comes a calling after being beaten up by his old pals post prison, David Prowse is the bodyguard the rich writer has hired. He's a big boy, is David, with thick horn rimmed glasses and a seventies Beatle hairstyle.

He looks a little like the Beatles long time bodyguard, Mal Evans. Same features and glasses.
                  And James Earl Jones had a stuttering problem growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                    On the forum main page your title is abbreviated to "I've just been stroking Darth...."

Kinda raises eyebrows.
                    While lowering expectations...

Maybe we'll see some "Force" appear in a few more moments.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                      Berlin.1945
                      by casanova
                      The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                      Yesterday, 23:41
                    • casanova
                      AW 169M
                      by casanova
                      The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                      Yesterday, 23:26
                    • JBark
                      What changed?
                      by JBark
                      There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                      Yesterday, 18:54
                    Working...
                    X