X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Greetings!

Holiday Greetings...

To my Liberal/Progressive/Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2016, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country, nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.

This wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes.

To My Conservative/Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2016.
    Merry Christmas!
    58.70%
    Happy (belated) Hanukkah!
    2.17%
    Joyous Yuletide!
    8.70%
    I survived 2015 [haven't gotten the t-shirt yet]
    4.35%
    Happy Festivus ... [Management reserves the right to ignore any particular grievances. You may add that to next year's list of grievances.]
    4.35%
    Two for one deal at Taco Bell. (Merry Christmas Slug!)
    0.00%
    My team making it to a Bowl Game!
    2.17%
    My family gathering being hosted at a relative's house instead of mine.
    10.87%
    End of lawn mowing for another year.
    2.17%
    Peace on Earth
    2.17%
    Other event or milestone as specified below. [May not be valid in all fifty states.]
    4.35%

The poll is expired.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Years as well.
      Attached Files
      If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

Seems like just yesterday we were listing our mutual grievances... Has it really been an entire year?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
          Holiday Greetings...

To my Liberal/Progressive/Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2016, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country, nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.

This wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes.
          Bah, humbug.

To My Conservative/Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2016.
          Likewise.
          "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
          "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
          — Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

I find it rather ironic that so many Christians in the US insist on "keeping Christ in Christmas," by greeting their neighbors with "merry Christmas," when the correct Christian seasonal greeting is actually "Christ is born," and returned with "glorify Him!"
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I am not religious but this is CHRISTMAS not Happy holiday or what ever...so HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all...for the religious group...May your God look after you...and for the rest of us pagans eat, drink (in moderation), enjoy each others company, think of friends both here and absent ...remember the boys/girls out there standing guard on the castle walls...and for those who object to this and us.....Lighten up....and a MERRY/HAPPY CHRISTMAS...

Comment

Yep!

A Happy, Merry, joyous XMAS to all that celebrate and the best start in the New Year
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I'm bidding my British friends a happy Boxing Day, which for me is an entire morning chock full of Premier League football.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for The New Year!!

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Happy Christmas
                      War is less costly than servitude

Comment

I recently started using Merry Christmas again instead of Happy Holidays. I have never experienced Christmas as a religious holiday with Christmas midnight mass being one of my least favorite aspects of the holiday. Christianity incorporated so many pagan symbols and even the winter solstice date into Christmas I see no point in making a distinction between pre Christian and Christian winter holiday greetings. I'm not the least bit ashamed that Western civilization has many myths including the Christian myth that we continue to enjoy. It seems childish to me to think that denouncing the mythology makes the world a better place. Christianity it seems to me expresses no bigotry or any other dangerous cultural norm.

Unlike other religions the true message of Christianity is one of universal brotherly love and peace so why not celebrate the message behind the myth. There is simply nothing shameful about celebrating western culture, the culture that gave the world human rights and love for all mankind.
                        We hunt the hunters

Comment

A very Merry Christmas from the crazy family in SE Illinois. HAHA! Kirk, Callie, and the brood.
                          Expecting 13, 14, and 15th grandchild in the coming year!!
                          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Celebrating (_________) what exactly?

Multiple Choice poll added.

[Thanks Trung Si!]
                            Last edited by GCoyote; 23 Dec 15, 14:47.
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Merry Christmas all!
                              Divine Mercy Sunday: 4/21/2020 (https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message) The Miracle of Lanciano: Jesus' Real Presence (https://web.archive.org/web/20060831...fcontents.html)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X