Iran: "Journalist May Have Fallen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran: "Journalist May Have Fallen"

Yep. She tripped on a copy of the Holy Quran, fell and suffered fatal brain injury. Actually it was more like a blow to the back of the head with a blunt object, but what the hell. Accidents happen.

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance):... "
    The Book of Women 4.34
    Translated by A. Yusufali

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ist/index.html

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Ephesians 5:22-24: "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife...wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Must kinda suck just being a woman sometimes...
    And we are here as on a darkling plain
    Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
    Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

I like the part in the Quran verse where a man punishes an unruly woman by denying her...pleasures of flesh.

Comment

GENESIS 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."

Of course, everytime I remind my wife of this verse I find myself sleeping on the couch.

Comment

Kalonike: And if we really should abstain from what you say - which Heaven forbid! - do you suppose on that account that peace might come to be?

Lysistrata: I'm absolutely sure. If we should sit around, rouged and with skins well creamed, with nothing on but a transparent negligee, and come up to them with our deltas plucked quite smooth, and, once our men get stiff and want to come to grips, we do not yield to them at all but just hold off, they'll make a truce in no time. There's no doubt of that.

Lysistrata, by Aristophanes. Translation by Sutherland, 1961.
          I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Our deltas plucked quite smooth. LOL.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X