Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're quite popular with lurkers today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're quite popular with lurkers today...

...3 users and 38 guests!

Not only that, but we've had the most people online ever, today. 46!

Now, what did lil' ol' us do to deserve such attention?
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Re: We're quite popular with lurkers today...

Originally posted by JAMiAM
    [BNow, what did lil' ol' us do to deserve such attention? [/B]
    Offend millions of Poles?
    And we are here as on a darkling plain
    Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
    Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

I wonder if half of them were Jam/HEAT/Mantis types, asleep at the wheel...

(Been on WFHQ since 4am, but I haven't been in front of my computer since 10... lol!)
      "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

But hey, at least I logged in!
        "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

39 of them now... will it hit 40?
          "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

New record for total online, 50!

:flag:
            "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
              New record for total online, 50!

:flag:
              Just passed into 51.

Make that 53.
              Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Something to tell our grandchildren, no doubt...55!
                I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Sorry to be the one to break this to you guys...but there is a spider searcher trawling through the site indexing it for their web search engine (at least I think that is what it is) There are about 5 users, and then 50 "guests" from this search engine.

If you click on "Current Users" you get a clear picture of what our "guests" are doing...

There is no way we can have 50 people online all day long and not have ONE person register for the forums as a new person!
                  Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
                    Sorry to be the one to break this to you guys...but there is a spider searcher trawling through the site indexing it for their web search engine (at least I think that is what it is) There are about 5 users, and then 50 "guests" from this search engine.
                    Or some spammer's bot harvesting email addresses. Get ready for some brand new pitches for penile enlargement devices, legally questionable pr0n, and Nigerians needing your help in taking millions out of their country...

Oh well...suppose I should get back to watching the grass grow, and playing the occasional turn that my opponents are waiting all too patiently for...

Comment

Reflecting back to a simpler time *wipes tear from eye*
                      All warfare is based on deception.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT

If you click on "Current Users" you get a clear picture of what our "guests" are doing...

There is no way we can have 50 people online all day long and not have ONE person register for the forums as a new person!
                        Well, what I've noticed is the google bot tends to be a very small percentage. What's most likely is that it's current users that don't login automatically, so they wander around as guest until they see a reason to login.
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

[email protected]! This is the forum police! Put your hands in the air, and step away from the search function!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X