For all those Canadians out there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all those Canadians out there....

Hope that you've had (and are still having) a wonderful Canada Day!

Kinda surprised that I'm the first to post on this, actually!

John

What is Canada Day?
    "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
      What is Canada Day?
      The coldest most boring day of the year?

Just kidding.

It's like the the 4th of July here in the US. July 1 is Canada's birthday.

So Happy B Day Canada. We Americans pick on Canada because you don't wrap yourselves in your flag, but we know you all kick *ss and take names with the best of us.
      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh

More like the only day in the year where they get any warm sun so better have a holiday.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

We Americans pick on Canada because you don't wrap yourselves in your flag
          You haven't seen out beer commercials!

lol!
          "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Just kidding.

It's like the the 4th of July here in the US. July 1 is Canada's birthday.

So Happy B Day Canada. We Americans pick on Canada because you don't wrap yourselves in your flag, but we know you all kick *ss and take names with the best of us.
            To make the things more amusing, before this, the only special thing I knew about 7/1 is that it is the B-day of the Chinese Communist Party...

Hey, Shane, here is the Beer ... from Beijing ...
            Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

--
              It's actually called 'Dominion Day' for 'Dominion of Canada'.

But the libs came in and changed it like everything else and ruined this country.

So Cheerful Dominion oops Canada Day!!!
              "Thus, a prince should have no other object, nor any other thought, nor take anything else as his art but that of war and its orders and discipline; for that is the only art which is of concern to one who commands."

Comment

Can't argue about the Liberals (HATE the liberals, especially with me living in Alberta), but I like the sound of Canada Day better.
                "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Boromir
                  --
                  But the libs came in and changed it like everything else and ruined this country.
                  Red Book my hairy ass....

Winston Churchill

Comment

Although I loathe to defend Chretien, Mulroney was far, far worse.

So if my options are Mulroney or Chretien, I'll take Chretien.

Although if we mix it up a little and give us the following options:

Mulroney
                    Chretien
                    A rock with a bow-tie

I'd go with the rock w/ a bow-tie.

But look on the bright side, at least our PM isn't connected with the mafia, bribing judges and calling German government officials concentration camp leaders .

So could be worse.
                    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

--
                      LMAO!!!!

I'd like to nominate the rock in my front garden for PM. I just need a tie and we'll have a better leader than Mulroney or Chretien.

ps. Don't see how Chretien was better than Mulroney though I loathe to defend Mulroney. But we've been buggered with leaders for decades.

I think it's time for Mike Harris to stop the feud on the right once and for all call it what it should be...The Conservative Party of Canada and make us strong again.

Cheers

ps. much prefer Dominion Day
                      "Thus, a prince should have no other object, nor any other thought, nor take anything else as his art but that of war and its orders and discipline; for that is the only art which is of concern to one who commands."

Comment

One word:

debt

Another word:

economy

And, not that it was the deciding factor or anything, but Mulroney was even more arrogant than Chretien, which is something of a miracle .

Chretien himself needs to go but I'll probably vote Liberal again since he's finally stepping down. Afterall, we've got the fear-mongering Canadian "family values" Alliance (who make a habit of mailing me these dishonest political surveys every two weeks - eg. THE LIBERALS REFUSE TO RAISE THE AGE OF CONSENT FOR SEX TO 16 FROM 14. IS STEPHEN HARPER RIGHT/THE LIBERALS WRONG TO WANT TO PROTECT CHILDREN FROM EXPLOITATION? YES/NO) on one side vs the New "budget? whats a budget?" Democratic Party on the other.

Then of course there's the PCs and I might have considered voting for them if Joe Clark was still around, but MacKay doesn't really impress me like Clark does/did and ideologically I'm closer to the Liberals on most issues.
                        "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

Comment

I don't know how it is in Canada but here in the USA the 'family values' crowd continues to support economic policies that will further disrupt families and weaken values that develop from stable communities.

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

VIVE LE QUEBEC LIBRE

sounds not to bad hummmm

Der WanderDeGaule
                            The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                            JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                            The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                              I don't know how it is in Canada but here in the USA the 'family values' crowd continues to support economic policies that will further disrupt families and weaken values that develop from stable communities.
                              I wouldn't really say thats the case here (though without knowing exactly what kind of programs you refer to its difficult to say).

VIVE LE QUEBEC LIBRE

sounds not to bad hummmm

Der WanderDeGaule
                              Almost, almost. Less than 1% and Quebec would have been free.

But the BQ (the separtist party) is no longer in power. Quebecers seemed to have lost interest for the moment.

I think our plan to let them print their signs in French first and bigger than the English text has placated them for now .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X