Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all!

Hello everyone,

The Army must have momentarily let their guard down as the Warfare HQ website is temporarily available to me. It's usually blocked along with virtually every other non-government webpage. This is also a rare opportunity for me to have email access. We only have one phone and one internet-capable computer to share for all of us. This is the first time I have been able to see the webpage in about three months.

I'm still in the greater Baghdad area at the moment. Yes, it sucks here. In fact, the suck meter is almost pegged off the scale. This place is unbearably hot, dusty, and ever dangerous. We're all ready to come home.

Still, there is no word on when that might happen. We hear a lot of rumors, but nothing definite. We have been here about 4 1/2 months now. There is a possibility that we may be stuck here until January or February. There is also no "R&R" like there was in the old Army, nor is there any plan to rotate soldiers for shorter periods. About a third of the active duty Army is currently on station, so there is not much left to do rotations with. I'm afraid we are stuck here until Bush or Rumsfeld grow tired of it...

Yes it's true, I do have a laptop hooked up to a nearby generator, so I'm able to wargame a tiny bit. We're working 12-14 days, 7 days a week so it's not easy to find time. In this heat I usually don't have a lot of energy after I get off from work, but I do mess around with TOAW and Panzer Campaigns a little bit. My focus is currently on Korsun Pocket, and the OIF ACOW scenario I designed.

I have no idea if I will have acess to this website again tomorrow, but it's doubtful. They usually block everything and keep the phones off limits to us. I write home using snail mail a lot, but most of the mail coming this way gets lost. It usually takes 6-8 weeks for a letter to arrive here.

I have no access to my Warfare HQ email, so for those that wish to reach me you can do so at [email protected]

Take care.
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

We're all praying for you bud.

There are alot of rumors going on about how long you guys might be out there. Hopefully, not long. However, the foriegn diplomacy end of this is all *ucked up. Some people are sleeping better with you guys in the region.

Watch yourself. We all see just how sorry things are. It appears the bad guys want to wear us out. So stay small.

Hopefully you guys will be relieved and return home, and won't have to go out again.

Until then, take care
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Dude, never let go of that M-16 even when you're sleeping or sitting on a toilet. Plenty of Iraqis who got disappointed by the war's quick end and they want to continue getting slapped around.

Stay safe and thanks for the heads up.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

My hope is for Peace, and you home in one piece. Take care, Don.
        I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Don, keep up the good work. You guys are doing a great job. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much of a plan for ending this situation.
          "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Don, stay safe. We all hope that your reunion with Radbabe happens ahead of expectations.
            Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
            http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

Only one word for you, Don:

Home soon! (oops.. that is 2.. ;p)

Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Hope all is well

Stay safe Don!
                Take care and good luck
                Jason Petho
                Petho Cartography

Campaign Series Legion

NEW RELEASE!
                Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                  Berlin.1945
                  by casanova
                  The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                  Yesterday, 23:41
                • casanova
                  AW 169M
                  by casanova
                  The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                  Yesterday, 23:26
                • JBark
                  What changed?
                  by JBark
                  There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                  Yesterday, 18:54
                Working...
                X