belgian genocide law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belgian genocide law.

I don't know what's wrong with your leaders in washington, but as they keep giving wrong information to you i will try to explain.
    1.belgian government makes the law in belgium just as the american govern.does so in US.
    2.Genocide law was made to try to give people a change to react.
    3.If people want to file a complaint, Belgian government has the
    possibility to send the complaint to the homeland of the accused, given this ALL complainns against for example Mr.Bush,Mr.franks,
    Mr sharon are send to there respectively native country's.
    Bassicly all complaints against people or leaders who live in democracies are send to their native countries where there law system off course can react if they want to.
    4.People, which against a complaint is filed Can come to Belgium without the change of being arrested.
    5.many people in Europe and belgium are getting tired off the way your government is treathing "old Europe"
    6.people in Belgium and europe are not at all anti American.
    We just don't like others to tell us what to do.
    7.Let's hope some sanity will arive in Washington.
    8.How about NBC weapons in Iraq? which was your government's first reason to start a war in Iraq?
    9Off coussre people in belgium are glad the dictator in bagdad is gone.
    10.We all hope that soon other dictators in the region will be gone to.
    Why not start with ryad?or does the Us has to much to gain there?

Long live democracy,
    bobos
    belgium

If Belgium wants to create some kind of clearing house for accusations of genocide, then I agree. Why should anyone complain? But anyone should be able to do this, right? Why shouldn't every country create some kind of institution for hearing accusations of genocide? Where it goes bad is when you declare such an instution an international court of law. Whose law? To create such a court without some kind of international legal system is itself lawless.
    Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Originally posted by SparceMatrix
      If Belgium wants to create some kind of clearing house for accusations of genocide, then I agree. Why should anyone complain? But anyone should be able to do this, right? Why shouldn't every country create some kind of institution for hearing accusations of genocide? Where it goes bad is when you declare such an instution an international court of law. Whose law? To create such a court without some kind of international legal system is itself lawless.
      "Arr, there be no law 'pon the seas."
      And we are here as on a darkling plain
      Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
      Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Matthew Arnold

Comment

Yar!!
        Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

.belgian government makes the law in belgium just as the american govern.does so in US.
          This is true. I have no problem with Belguim designing laws to protect it's citizens, ideals, and traditions.

.Genocide law was made to try to give people a change to react.
          Again, no problem with that.

If people want to file a complaint, Belgian government has the
          possibility to send the complaint to the homeland of the accused, given this ALL complainns against for example Mr.Bush,Mr.franks,
          Mr sharon are send to there respectively native country's.
          Bassicly all complaints against people or leaders who live in democracies are send to their native countries where there law system off course can react if they want to.
          Again, as I stated in a previous post on the Belguim law, American citizens can file similar complaints with the State Department against governments and/or individuals they believe have committed a crime against US citizens.

4.People, which against a complaint is filed Can come to Belgium without the change of being arrested.
          That might be true. However, if I'm not mistaken, the final decision of whether or not a person will be arrested is based on the cirumstances surrounding the case. That is subject to change if authorities believe just.

The US is already considering pulling back alot of it's forces because of our decision not to comply with the ICC, and government's authority to arrest American soldiers indicted on warcrimes. I didn't support the ICC myself.

It's beginning to appear Europe wants to deter American power by either pinning us down with laws and rules, or by forcing us to accept unipolarization. While I support the ideal that countries should not be superpowers, I do get the feeling some of our allies want the power without the kind of commitments and risks we've taken.

5.many people in Europe and belgium are getting tired off the way your government is treathing "old Europe"
          That's where the problem starts. The law begins to appear designed to charge and try The US National Command Authority for actions others might not agree with. It also makes it appear Belguim is being more anti-American than establishing an unbiased law to protect it's citzens.

people in Belgium and europe are not at all anti American.
          We just don't like others to tell us what to do.
          That is likely true. HOWEVER, at times Europe appears to being a pretty good job of acting as though they are anti-American.

7.Let's hope some sanity will arive in Washington
          I have the same hope not just for my government, but for govern-ments around the world.

8.How about NBC weapons in Iraq? which was your government's first reason to start a war in Iraq?
          Actually, it was more of a trigger or rally cry. If anything, I think Europe should be more concerned with Iraqi WMDs. The US is big island. The logistical effort required to transport WMDs to America would be rather extensive. However, in Europe, you can travel by car, and small boat. The only people I'm worried about committing an BC attack on America, is American terrorists. Domestic terrorism is a grave threat to our country. I wish my government would admit that more often.

People like me saw opportunity in taking down Saddam. I feel the US behaves like a coward in the Middle East more often than not, terrorified to bring about long term political change. And the world is no better. At the very least, the US, UK, and Australia has shown we are prepared to "shape", and not just accept the political misdeeds of Arab governments.

The US should never go back to the post-Iranian days of tolerance and acceptance. We'd see NATO in full-blown action long ago had Saudi Arabia, Sryia, Iran, or Iraq were close enough to their borders. The Middle East is vital to the US, and we should not allow dictators or any government to kick us around.

(That is not to say we should bring down all the Middle East governments. That's not our position or authority. Nor is colonization. These things will fail.)

9Off coussre people in belgium are glad the dictator in bagdad is gone.
          Most people are pleased as well.

We all hope that soon other dictators in the region will be gone to.
          Why not start with ryad?or does the Us has to much to gain there?
          I believe that is what the US is trying to do. Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and others would never have taken any foriegn policy change serious unless we demonstrated a clear willingness to use force. Saddam was symbol of what has been more than twenty years of failed foriegn policy to the Middle East. We've been so concerned with getting our oil, the world didn't care who was selling it. Now the US in Iraq. We are strategically within striking distance of Syria, Saudi Arabia, and Iran.

The US doesn't need Saudi Arabia anymore. Kuwait and Iraq tips that scale. So now we can begin to demand more cooperation from the Saudi government. We don't need to invade them. All is needed is to show these politicians that they are less important.

I don't think we can scare the Arab people. That would fail. However, the government controls alot, and if they improve their opinions of the West, I believe more people will follow. I don't expect Iranians to forgive the US for the Shah, or open it's arms to us. I just don't want them screwing around with our efforts.

The Middle East is an important battle ground in any effort to dominate Asia and deter China. If we don't at least try, Anti-Western and anti-American sentiment could give China a powerful resource.

It's not to say we're in the right. The US is also shutting out allies in many respects in our move East. However, some of the claims and statements I see coming from Europe are offensive. Americans feel the same way about being referred to as Nazis, unilateral (okay well not so much), and a threat to security as France and Germany felt about Rumsfield calling them "Old Europe." What's more, Americans see it as even worse since it's not originating from one man, but see to be general opinion expressed throughout Europe.

So I have no problem with Belguim's law for now. I might if Belguim and some other countries try to use it. However, I respect Belguim's rights. Yet, if the US decides to take action (not force of course) aganst Belguim for a law it deems offensive, or that places American forces and/or leaders at risk, the people of Belguim should respect our decision
          "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X