America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America

Just watched the programme, very interesting.

Here's the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ml/default.stm

Polls from all over the world regarding the role the US has in the world today.

Hhhmmmm
    Attached Files

Comment

Now this one made me chuckle:
      Attached Files

Comment

44% of Americans think the US is the most cultured place in the world.......lmfao......oh dear...poor mis-guided folks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you have your anti-american personality disorder outburst somewhere else? Isn't there a AAPD forum or something?
          "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Marko,

In all fairness, I am an American, and I feel that despite the polls, it does not reflect the true picture of America.

Had there been only one civilian casualty, I think the polls would have remained the same. It's not about the casualties, but rather the USA's ability to project its military power overboard.

Some of these countries think America is dangerous simply because of geography, for example, Jordanians could claim they really do feel threatened by the American military presence in Iraq. After all, Jordan is just right next to Iraq. They wouldn't feel threatened by North Korea because it's so far away, and unable to inflict any real harm on USA, while it can flatten Seoul in a few minutes of powerful artillery barrages.

You can argue it any way, but the fact remains is America's cultural influence is unprecedented in the recent history. Its influence is only equal to the ancient Roman Empire's or Hellenistic influence. Although, this doesn't mean America is liked by the world, it's just that America through her cultural influence has drawn the world to its power.

It seems that the world might like some American products or cultural influence, it would like to get rid of America, but retain the cultural influence and ability to project the military power across the world.

Dan
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Well, the good news is that America is not allowing international opinion to effect foriegn policy. At times I think alot of the complaining is meant to intimidate Americans into being "good." It's a **** poor foriegn policy effort initiated and executed by people who have less of an understanding about the United States than they believe.

The BBC is constantly spewing out endless rants about gloom and doom to project it's own political views. Then when they come on American television, it's reporters don't have the guts to defend their stories. BBC should mean *itches Be Corrupt. CNN is Corrupted Numb *uts.

It's a shame too. I use to have high regards for the BBC.

At the same rate, the polls appear to reflect the world is more ticked off with Bush than they are at America. That should be somewhat comforting.
              "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

44% of Americans think the US is the most cultured place in the world.......lmfao......oh dear...poor mis-guided folks.
                I'm completely indifferent to accusations of being uncultured and so I'm always curious as to what people mean when they say "cultured". Perhaps you could share what you are thinking when you use the term.
                Get the US out of NATO, now!

Comment

Originally posted by SparceMatrix

I'm completely indifferent to accusations of being uncultured and so I'm always curious as to what people mean when they say "cultured". Perhaps you could share what you are thinking when you use the term.
                  it means they grow more quickly in a petri dish
                  "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

Marko, your quote is very appropiate for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
                      At the same rate, the polls appear to reflect the world is more ticked off with Bush than they are at America. That should be somewhat comforting.
                      As the only remaining Super-Power, many in this world will dislike the U.S. NO MATTER WHAT IT DOES. Just like in sports, unless your from that city, you hate the top team.

Marko is an equal opportunity hater... he hates every team with a winning record.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X