Man hides in wall for 22 years to escape Saddam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man hides in wall for 22 years to escape Saddam

No matter which side of the Iraq-war fence you sit, you have to admit life is better for this man.

MSNBC Story
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Hello,

It sure ruined the anti-war protestors' fun, now, does it? They protested against the war with Iraq regardless of Saddam Hussein's notorious brutality and instilled fear into the Iraqi citizens.

My prayers go out to Sayed, he deserves the freedom to voice his political beliefs and anything else. For whatever reasons, America invaded Iraq and liberated her from Saddam Hussein. The freedom is America's gift to the Iraqis. No anti-war protestor could say the same thing.

Sayed is not alone, there are countless Iraqis grateful for America's help. They could not have done it themselves.

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Ok, so why is this gift only being given to the Iraqis'?

I understand there is similar brutality going on in Zimbabwe under Mugabe, Aceh is being wiped out by Indonesia with the help of US equipment, to name but a couple.

I'm anti-war unless its a last resort, but if America wants to justify it's actions against Iraq in the name of being the goody goody two-shoes of the world, then it would have to back it up by being consistent...
      There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary, and those that dont...

Comment

Originally posted by Tripps
        then it would have to back it up by being consistent...
        why?
        ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
        -the Firesign Theatre

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius

why?
          because then they cannot claim to be doing it all in the interest of being the goodies then can they?
          There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary, and those that dont...

Comment

because then they cannot claim to be doing it all in the interest of being the goodies then can they?
            Why not? If you help one little old lady to cross the street must you help every single one that needs it? Especially not ones that someone else could help more easily. It may even be OK to help first the little old lady that you know or have some interest in.
            ...a man that can stand up for a principle and sit down on his own stool.
            -the Firesign Theatre

Comment

Ok, so why is this gift only being given to the Iraqis'?

I understand there is similar brutality going on in Zimbabwe under Mugabe, Aceh is being wiped out by Indonesia with the help of US equipment, to name but a couple.
              The commonwealth helped get that mess started....How about ya'all clean it up since we are a bit busy at the moment and may not get to Zimbabwe until May 7th, 2015 or so..................

"Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McBride
                The commonwealth helped get that mess started....How about ya'all clean it up since we are a bit busy at the moment and may not get to Zimbabwe until May 7th, 2015 or so..................

These coutries were ****ed long before Europeans discovered them. In general Europeans left them far better off than they would have been left to their own devices. If you don't believe me, try visiting one of the old colonial countries and ask who built everything you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Daw

These coutries were ****ed long before Europeans discovered them. In general Europeans left them far better off than they would have been left to their own devices. If you don't believe me, try visiting one of the old colonial countries and ask who built everything you see.
                  I agree. Algeria was once an amazing place. The French fought valiantly and won a brilliant victory there only to stupidly give it all away. Now the place is trashed, and France is now becoming a colony of Algeria.
                  "Speaking here in my capacity as a polished, sophisticated European as well, it seems to me the laugh here is on the polished, sophisticated Europeans. They think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and ignorant and so on. And they've taken as their own Michael Moore, as their representative American, someone who actually embodies all of those qualities." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by Daw

If you don't believe me, try visiting one of the old colonial countries and ask who built everything you see.
                    The natives, under the colonizer’s iron rule.

La Palice.
                    Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                    Mort devant Pavie.
                    Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                    Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by kid kool

I agree. Algeria was once an amazing place. The French fought valiantly and won a brilliant victory there only to stupidly give it all away. Now the place is trashed, and France is now becoming a colony of Algeria.
                      France was pleased that Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian soldiers saved the honor of its Army in Italy in 43-45. While some very good French people collaborated with the Nazis. And France needs immigration, immigration makes France since the beginning of the 19th Century. This country is made by History, and the North African immigration is a part of this History.
                      Is France becoming a colony of Algeria ? As America is becoming a colony of Mexico.

La Palice.
                      Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                      Mort devant Pavie.
                      Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                      Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by LaPalice

Is France becoming a colony of Algeria ? As America is becoming a colony of Mexico.

\

Si.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McBride

Following that, they also helped with the mess in Iraq, but you got 'busy' there....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X