Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz thread VI

OK! Here is a tough one.

On August 6 and August 9 1945, Atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki respectively.
    Only two B-29s participated in BOTH raids. One was Bocks Car.
    Bocks Car served as an observation plane in the raid on Hiroshima and actually dropped the bomb on Nagasaki.

What other plane participated in both the Hiroshima and the Nagasaki atomic bomb raids ?
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Enola Gay
    I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
      Enola Gay
      Wrong!

Enola Gay only participated in the Hiroshima raid.

I told you this one was harder.
      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn

Wrong!

Enola Gay only participated in the Hiroshima raid.

I told you this one was harder.
        Taking a wild guess, Bocks Car?

Dan
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772

Taking a wild guess, Bocks Car?

Dan
          Well yes, but I think you should read the question over more carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn

Well yes, but I think you should read the question over more carefully.
            Someone is asleep at the wheel today. Glad it's not me this time.
            Last edited by Chuck?; 07 Jun 03, 18:24.
            "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

In a French article, Strategic Bombing on Japan (Histoire de Guerre number 34, March 2003) the author named Full House which was in reserve at Iwo Jima, and "The Great Artist".

So I would say "The Great Artist".

La Palice.
              Monsieur de La Palice est mort
              Mort devant Pavie.
              Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
              Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by LaPalice
                In a French article, Strategic Bombing on Japan (Histoire de Guerre number 34, March 2003) the author named Full House which was in reserve at Iwo Jima, and "The Great Artist".

So I would say "The Great Artist".

La Palice.
                "Great Artiste" it is.

The "Great Artiste" participated in both the Hiroshima and the Nagasaki raids as a photo observation plane.
                Interestingly, the "Great Artiste" was piloted by Maj Charles W Sweeney over Hiroshima; the same Maj Sweeney who piloted "Bocks Car" that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki.

La Palice, you're good at this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X