The Word Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spasmodically jerked
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

• jerked meat
      BoRG
      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

• meat tenderizer

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

• tenderizer applied
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• applied mathematics
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

• mathematics required

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

• required curriculum

Comment

• curriculum vitae

Comment

• vitae Offarum

(The 11th Century history of the life of King Offa a Anglo Saxon king of Mercia, written by Matthew Paris a monk) but of course you knew that.
                    War is less costly than servitude

Comment

• Originally posted by Kendrick View Post
                      vitae Offarum

(The 11th Century history of the life of King Offa a Anglo Saxon king of Mercia, written by Matthew Paris a monk) but of course you knew that.
                      Given that I live not too far away from Offa's Dyke (now there's a woman you don't want to mess with ) yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Given that I live not too far away from Offa's Dyke (now there's a woman you don't want to mess with ) yes.
                        Did you have an answer, or just screwing around again?

Comment

• vitae Offarum

Offarum Douram
                          we generally conduct this in English...but if you insist...

Comment

• I declare a foul - yellow card there if not a red -sin bin time or a penalty try.
                            The correct title is Vitae duorum offarum merciorum regum - the lives of the two King Offas. My original curriculum vitae is currently defined in the Cambridge English Dictionary as 'British English'. However to get this thread out of a hole someone has already made the pun ' Off Arum repellent' a beetle spray for lilies. Shall we continue?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              I declare a foul - yellow card there if not a red -sin bin time or a penalty try.
                              The correct title is Vitae duorum offarum merciorum regum - the lives of the two King Offas. My original curriculum vitae is currently defined in the Cambridge English Dictionary as 'British English'. However to get this thread out of a hole someone has already made the pun ' Off Arum repellent' a beetle spray for lilies. Shall we continue?
                              We can't until you stop pontificating and post a WORD.

Meanwhile, there are several sources that dispute your version of the terms used.

Comment

• I guess I will have to manually reboot, since it seems to be too complex for the previous poster.

Last English word was
                                curriculum.

curriculum faxed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X