Where are all the Asians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the Asians?

I have contemplated this a couple of times and can think of no real answer. I know that there is some kind of War gaming community in Japan at least as they put out several nice board games in the 80's and I came once across a Japanese computer war game sort of like PGII on the WEB a few years ago (can't find it anymore). Many Japanese and Chinese speak English. So where are these guys? I just don't see them on the Forums. Even the NON wargame Forums. Do you think they are keeping quiet while they plan something?
    Regime Change It Starts At Home

You'd have to ask ER_Chaser about that. He might know where the rest of his chinese breatheren (sp) are hiding.
    "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
    Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

Really? I figured with a handle like ER_Chaser the guy had to be a Southern California personal injury Lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by LanceRunolfsson
        Really? I figured with a handle like ER_Chaser the guy had to be a Southern California personal injury Lawyer.
        LOL
        "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Really,in the end,what does it matter?For all you know i may be 5'nothing and green Here in anonymity it does not matter our race or creed or nationality,as we are all here to have some fun.And i would be seriously concerned about anyone who constantly advertised one of the above.

Comment

LOL Maybe we could make TOAW/Wargaming the next "Meow Meow Kitty" fad over in Japan. Then we would have 10 million (literally) people joining the forum.

Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by LanceRunolfsson
              LoL ... not teh first time... not the last time ... Actually I have been using this handle for all the forums I registered and response like these was uniform

Well, actually all my fault, when I made this name up, I was think about E(rwin) R(ommel) Chaser... but it well-ended up in ambulance chaser... not all that bad, at least, sounds pretty fast.

OK, to the asian issue: I felt I am not the only Chinese on our forum. There was another buddy with handle "ming" ---- but unfortunately I never had a chance even to talk to him(her?).. and apparently this buddy did not play much and then stayed quiet.

There is also this great (GREAT) Japanese war game engine: Total War series which combined both RTS and Turn based strategy very well. I spent hell lot of time on it. But due to its RTS feature, it requires broad band ---- which most of our old fashioned board gamers do not have.

Actually MUD is more popular in Asia right now --- all kinds of MUD ... (like plague), people are addictive to it. I think the major developement must owe the appreciation to the Koreans. They are now also beyond reasonable limit attached to this type of hyper virtual life. Many Koreans are believed to pay more attention to their MUD life rather than their real lives. (well, are we talking about ourselves here? ) .... And this already made good business in Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Mainland China. The game console itself is cheap and sometimes even free, but there is a small ... (hehe ... small for every month that is) monthly charge for playing online. Well, suppose you spend $10 to raise your char there, and achieved something like lv 10 or whatever, who would be willing to abandon that great thing after 12 months? This is like drug.

And probably that explains where they are?
              Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Really,in the end,what does it matter?For all you know i may be 5'nothing and green Here in anonymity it does not matter our race or creed or nationality,as we are all here to have some fun.And i would be seriously concerned about anyone who constantly advertised one of the above.
                You are absolutely right in the sense that it does not really matter what the ethnical parameters of an opponent are. And that it can be disturbing when a person wears their Nationalistic or Religious identity on there sleeve consistently. Actually we Americans are the most likely on any Forums that I ever go to, to dress up our sigs with flags etc. But I personally find it interesting to know what the demographic make of a community is and when I make an observation that a demographic that is expected is under represented or one is over represented (Proportionally huge number of Fins on many wargame boards) I can not help but wonder if there is a particular reason for this? So while it is completely understandable that U.S. and Common Wealth Dominate the demographics of English speaking boards. When it comes to turn based Wargames Common Wealth and Bilingual non native English speakers actually show up in an abundance apparently disproportionate to their actual population figures vs that of the U.S.. Does this necessarily mean that Americans as a rule disproportionately stupider, uneducated and less thoughtful than other populations? Well maybe not, but it is an amusing inference that can be drawn:^)

ER
                Thanks for the Info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X