Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Cops vs. Homo Islamus

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/28/li....ap/index.html

BTW, Homo Islamus is a new Latin term I have coined myself to refer to particularly serious cases of religious claustrophobia. Homo Islamus is almost human but not quite...it deserves its own branch in Darwin's evolution tree. You can consider him our cousin if you wish.

Also, as you can see from the data below posing to driver's license photo without veil is not a problem in most Muslim countries. As a matter of fact, most Muslim countries DEMAND that as long as a woman wants to drive she must be able to ID herself with an appropriate photo. Common sense.

This Florida woman doesn't even care about the veil if you ask me. For her and many others like her the story is just an opportunity to come over to this country and make an anti-American statement.

Driver’s identification rules in Muslim nations:
    Saudi Arabia: Women aren't allowed to drive
    Iran: Women wear a traditional chador, which does not cover the face.
    Egypt: Women do not cover their face in I.D. pictures
    United Arab Emirates: Women do not cover their face in I.D. pictures
    Oman: Women do not cover their face in I.D. pictures
    Kuwait: Women do not cover their face in I.D. pictures
    Qatar: Women do not cover their face in I.D. pictures
    Bahrain: Women do not cover their face in I.D. pictures
    Jordan: Women can drive if their faces are covered but do not cover their face in I.D. pictures
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 28 May 03, 23:04.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

It is interesting to note the woman is not FROM an Islamic country...she is an american converted to Islam. A real muslim would be thankful they could be in such a great country and wouldn't even think to go to court over this. In my mind she is a disgrace to the Islamic faith with such pettiness.

Ahhh, tis the times we live in.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

On second thought...I realized perhaps we need a more generic Latin term to cover all forms of religious claustrophobia, not just that from the Middle East. We can dump them all into one new species.

Any suggestions?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Yep. check out a real live Iranian girl in Tehran's thoughts on the dress code situation in Iran.

http://www.iraniangirl.blogspot.com

from her site:

So here is formal news of my Wednesday’s post...just wish that God helps Iranian girls in the coming hot summer with those ****in clothes!

posted by Iranian girl at 9:33 AM
        "Speaking here in my capacity as a polished, sophisticated European as well, it seems to me the laugh here is on the polished, sophisticated Europeans. They think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and ignorant and so on. And they've taken as their own Michael Moore, as their representative American, someone who actually embodies all of those qualities." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero
          On second thought...I realized perhaps we need a more generic Latin term to cover all forms of religious claustrophobia, not just that from the Middle East. We can dump them all into one new species.

Any suggestions?
          Homo Extremis Religium ?
          Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn

Homo Extremis Religium ?
            Oh great, more terms that I will have a difficult time spelling! How about anti-Islamists?

Somewhat off topic........

I believe we have a duty to question the use of Islam politically. When you allow religion to interfere with a political institution, you are asking for all kinds of trouble. The problem with the world today is that we're so scared of being labeled as anti-Islamists, we are unwilling to challenge exaggerated employment of that faith in the political realms that affect us. If you don't challenge Political Islam when it interferes with out own political system, we are likely to be consumed by it.

Islamic is a peace-loving faith. However, countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and the Palestinians use it as a means to justify their own political misconduct, and promote their power. The West has been lured into the ideal that it was wrong to carry out the Crusades and still wishes to oppress Islam. The Crusades were a response to the rampid spread of Islam in Europe. People need to open their eyes and see that Islam, like any religion, can be used inappropriately. Challenging such cases is not wrong. It's the only way to ensure the integrity of our own system.
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X