Did You Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Know?

On May 29th 1944,During the fighting on Okinawa, Company A of the 5th Marine Regiment,Commanded by Captain Julian D Dusenbury captured Shuri Castle,HQ of the Japanese 32nd Army.This called for a flag raising,but the only flag available was a Confederate Stars & Bars that Dusenbury(from Sth Carolina) carried in his helmet liner for luck.So the Stars & Bars of the old Confederacy were duly raised to proclaim the fall of the Japanese Army HQ.
    10th Army Hq were none to pleased with this,and the flag was ordered to be taken down,and a proper flag was sent to replace the Rebel flag.

NB: 10th Army was commanded by Simon Bolivar Buckner Jnr,Son and namesake of the famouse Confederate General.Buckner was killed by japanese shell fire a few weeks later.
    Don't worry men..They couldn't hit an Elephant at this dist....

Personally i think the confederate flag looks better anyway
    "Speaking here in my capacity as a polished, sophisticated European as well, it seems to me the laugh here is on the polished, sophisticated Europeans. They think Americans are fat, vulgar, greedy, stupid, ambitious and ignorant and so on. And they've taken as their own Michael Moore, as their representative American, someone who actually embodies all of those qualities." - Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Re: Did You Know?

Originally posted by SS.Otto
      On May 29th 1944,During the fighting on Okinawa, Company A of the 5th Marine Regiment,Commanded by Captain Julian D Dusenbury captured Shuri Castle,HQ of the Japanese 32nd Army.
      HQ of the Japanese 32nd Army wasn't there by the time of the capture...It had withdrawn to Kiyan Peninsula already on May 23rd.
      “To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed…” -1984 about the Big Lie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X