Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Two explosions near Boston Marathon finish line > ongoing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report: Official says Cellphone service has been shut down in the Boston area to prevent any potential remote detonations of explosives
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."ó Bertrand Russell

Comment

Beyond contempt....
      Condolences to all concerned...

Comment

So...NO explosion at JFK LIbrary?...it was a mechanical fire, library folks say. Police Commissioner said it was an explosion...this is classically what can happen in events like this...

Still confusion at the JFK Library site. Not uncommon.
        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

WBZ unofficial reports - no injuries at JFK library

reporting many ATF and Secret Service agents on scene (presumably this was a declared "National Security Event" , in which the Secret Service is in charge of security.

Comment

Originally posted by majormack View Post
            Holy Smokes! Horrible pictures of course. Never seen a guy with his leg blown off. Just horrible.
            indeed, I underestimated the 'warning' on that image and was taken aback - never seen a leg blown off neither. Poor feller, I hope he makes a recovery, there were children at the event of course, I haven't (thankfully) seen any such images of them wounded thusfar.
            ------
            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Anybody seen a report on the suspect?

I saw a bogus link claiming a Saudi was responsible.
              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/two-e...187-slideshow/

link to more photos. Some of the same.
                Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

I wonder if the injured suspect was trying to die at the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                    Anybody seen a report on the suspect?

I saw a bogus link claiming a Saudi was responsible.
                    There have been several reports. Specifically the New York Post. I think the police have confirmed they have a suspect being guarded at the hospitle.

Comment

Police say they have nobody in custody in an article I just read. The NY Post seems to have reported that first, and the NYP is a tabloid.

It could very well be there was simply a saudi caught in the blast and the NYP got on with the catchy headlines.

Comment

I haven't seen anything credible directly from authorities about an ID, Cody.

The casualty numbers certainly seem to be rising. God help all so effected.

Just so folks know, if anybody posts the most graphic of photos here, it will be deleted outright.
                        On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

link to wcvb tv website

http://www.wcvb.com/

Comment

The last report I just heard was that the third explosion was related to a fire at the JFK librray. But I also heard that the Boston P.D. has a person of intrest in cutody. It seems he came into a hospital with burns to be treated .

Comment

Boston Globe website

live blog

http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl..._Copley_Square

Comment

Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                                link to wcvb tv website

http://www.wcvb.com/
                                Good info on that link.

People trying to locate friends and family were urged to call the Mayor's Hotline at 617-635-4500.

Anyone with information about the bombings is urged to call 800-494-TIPS.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro...#ixzz2QZPG4X5F
                                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X