Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Two explosions near Boston Marathon finish line > ongoing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From abc.com - Boston's Suspect's Defense Team Gets Major Boost

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/b...5#.UX-DHMp49qs

excerpt
    The defense team representing the Boston Marathon bombing suspect got a major boost Monday with the addition of Judy Clarke, a San Diego lawyer who has won life sentences instead of the death penalty for several high-profile clients, including the Unabomber and the gunman in the rampage that injured former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
    Clarke's appointment was approved Monday by U.S. Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler.
    The judge denied, at least for now, a request from Miriam Conrad, the public defender of 19-year-old suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, to appoint a second death penalty lawyer, David Bruck, a professor at Washington and Lee University School of Law.

Comment

• Why the West Coast lawyers?

Nobody from Harvard will take him?
      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Been off the site for a while so only catching up on this thread now

When I heard of the attack it was bad news allright

- but I don't know anyone from there so...

Next day through the online grapevine I hear that the daughter of my cousin in the USA was very badly injured in it

Boy was I angry!!!!

When they cornered that guy in the boat I would gladly have climbed in and

Thankfully as it turns out while badly hurt her injuries were not as bad as 1st feared

She will recover in time Please God
        Last edited by Wolfe Tone; 28 May 13, 14:02.
        http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
          Why the West Coast lawyers?

Nobody from Harvard will take him?
          And you were worried that he was going to be represented by the public defender's office

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
            And you were worried that he was going to be represented by the public defender's office
            Yep.

Nice to know America treats Islamic terrorists better than poor people.
            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
              Yep.

Nice to know America treats Islamic terrorists better than poor people.
              Its all about it the publicity.
              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                Indeed. The poor should try shooting up the place and tossing a few bombs.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                  Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                  Indeed. The poor should try shooting up the place and tossing a few bombs.
                  John Adams made his career by defending the British soldiers and officer involved in the Boston Massacre. Ironic.
                  ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X