Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Two explosions near Boston Marathon finish line > ongoing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's very few government operated CCTVs in most American cities. Boston has some in public transportation stations and I think newer buses.

Many private businesses have CCTV systems, and the news reported that the police were collecting all the footage from cameras in the area. They've also appealed to the public to send them copies of any pics or videos taken in the area. It's all digital now, so that can easily be done online.

The FBI and big police depts have software to analyze digital imagery. There's more than just the image. Many smart phones record their location as well as the time the image was created in the image file itself. The analysis software can use this to piece images and video from diverse sources together into a composite. If they get enough data, they will be able to see the bags appearing and when they were placed and by whom.

Comment

• From WBZ TV: Pope grieved by Deaths, Injuries in Boston Blast

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/1...-boston-blast/

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis says he is “deeply grieved by the news of the loss of life and grave injuries” caused by two bomb blasts at the Boston Marathon.

Francis expressed his condolences in a message Tuesday addressed to Boston Cardinal Sean O’Malley, a good friend of Francis’ from the pope’s time as archbishop of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
      The explosions Monday killed three people, including an 8-year-old boy, and injured more than 140. No one has claimed responsibility.
      Francis called on Bostonians to “be united in a resolve not to be overcome by evil but to combat evil with good” and to work together “to build an ever more just, free and secure society for generations yet to come.”
      Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Comment

• Hello all. Just checking in from the short seacoast of NH. I've read most of the posts here and tend to agree with most of your sentiments. Cousin S--- finally turned up (cop on detail near the bombings) He's fine. A sad day for Boston, the Marathon, and the country. I'm very sad for the family in Dorchester who lost a little guy and a mom and sister who have to deal with horrific wounds. For all the folks who will never be the same from loss of limbs, shrapnel, concussions.
        It was a cowardly act. perpetrated by one who does not deserve to breathe the same air that the rest of us do. Sorry, just venting. Very subdued at school today. A sophomore asked me today when will all this stop. I had no answer. Told her to read her history. It's been going on for a long, long, long time...
        Prayers, and positive energy to those who survived and those who didn't.
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
          It was a cowardly act. perpetrated by one who does not deserve to breathe the same air that the rest of us do. Sorry, just venting.

You shouldn't feel sorry for stating the obvious.

A sophomore asked me today when will all this stop. I had no answer. Told her to read her history. It's been going on for a long, long, long time...
          And it won't stop until there is only one man standing. That's just human nature. We love, we hate. We have peace , we have war.

Prayers, and positive energy to those who survived and those who didn't.
          Agreed. And may Hell follow any and all of those responsible.
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• From Boston Globe/sports section: Boston Opponents Show Support for Their Rival City

http://www.boston.com/sports/maratho...w_support.html

< Back to front page Text size – +
            Boston opponents show support for their rival city

Print | Comments (6) Posted by Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff April 16, 2013 02:45 PM

By Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff
            Joel Sherman is one of them. A graduate of NYU, he has covered baseball for the New York Post since 1989. Sherman could be forgiven for having Yankee sympathies, but he took time Tuesday to give a special shout-out to Boston, devoting his usual "3-Up" column to one very nice piece about the city.
            "I hope the Yankees are playing in Boston on the third Monday of April next year, 2014," Sherman writes. "And I am hoping the city -- that resilient city -- has bounced back and, while being respectful in memory to those who have lost their lives, is able to have that big party again. Are able to rekindle the wall-to-wall, dawn-to-dusk joy of that day."
            Sherman's sentiment was echoed by rival teams' athletes far and wide in the aftermath of Monday's Boston Marathon bombings. Here's a sample:
            -- The Yankees themselves sent two tweets Tuesday afternoon:

Link to Joel Sherman article:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/hardba...#axzz2QdOkIh3o

Comment

• Apparently the bomb was made of a pressure cooker with shrapnel glued to the insides. According to Fox News just now this is a typical IED used in the Mid-East. The bombs were put in a bag of some sort and dropped into a trash can and detonated with a timer.

Comment

• Terrible news yet again :sad:
                My deepest and sincere condolences to the victims and their loved ones who have been left behind.
                Strength to all those that have been injured...both physically and mentally.

"People talk sometimes of a bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as a man..."
                Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• That really sucks I wonder if these things are all connected.
                  "With foxes we must play the fox."
                  -Thomas Fuller

Comment

• Originally posted by Stratego View Post
                    Terrible news yet again :sad:
                    My deepest and sincere condolences to the victims and their loved ones who have been left behind.
                    Strength to all those that have been injured...both physically and mentally.

"People talk sometimes of a bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as a man..."

Excellent sentiments Jason. Thanks for expressing your thoughts so eloquently.
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I'm getting so many controversial and outright confusing information via local news sources, and upon checking US news sites I've found there's lots of announcements of capture of suspects - and their rebuttals.

Now there's this poisoned letter to Obama, which is totally dumb - do they really believe presidents ever read these letters before they are read and vetted by a dozen of their advisors?
                      www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Anonymous posts pics of alleged bomber, urges co-operation w/FBI

Anonymous cooperating with FBI on bombing suspect.

Anonymous ( 4 Chan) posted this today: If you have more information about the man, please post them in here or forward them to the FBI: http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/

More pictures:
                        http://i.imgur.com/8dHaVvw.jpg
                        http://i.imgur.com/iOMXbdz.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 6 View Post
                          Anonymous cooperating with FBI on bombing suspect.

Anonymous ( 4 Chan) posted this today: If you have more information about the man, please post them in here or forward them to the FBI: http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/

More pictures:
                          http://i.imgur.com/8dHaVvw.jpg
                          Hmm, the white guy is holding a backpack by the straps on his left arm, and this really looks suspicious as it's a rather inconvenient way to hold it. But I can't see what's really wrong with the other two Central Asian looking men as they don't seem to be holding anything bomb-like or doing anything suspicious. There are many other people with their arms crossed - it's hardly a sign of a terrorist.
                          www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                            Now there's this poisoned letter to Obama, which is totally dumb - do they really believe presidents ever read these letters before they are read and vetted by a dozen of their advisors?
                            Anyone stupid enough to believe that bombing a marathon is anything else than a senseless act of evil may as well believe that. The probably also sent a poisoned letter to the North Pole for Santa Claus because he never got a dog- machine for christmas.
                            Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                            Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                            USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

• Anonymous alleges multiple bombers

Comment

• They, like anybody else, can allege all they want.

It changes the fact that it's pure speculation none at all.

Nothin new with that, enh...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X